Windows 10: Macrium Reflect error help?

Discus and support Macrium Reflect error help? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 1) Latest version is now 6.1.936 - just got up date minutes ago. 2) Although I haven't tried lx07's sc command, another "solution" they've given in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Word Man Win User

Macrium Reflect error help?

1) Latest version is now 6.1.936 - just got up date minutes ago.

2) Although I haven't tried lx07's sc command, another "solution" they've given in the Macrium support forum is to go into Other Tasks (in Windows interface), Edit Defaults, Advanced, VSS Options, and check the box on "Exclude all VSS writers...."

P.S. - I'll give lx07's SC a command a go and uncheck the VSS writer's box and see if that finally allows it to work without errors - had this checked since about day one with Macrium.

Word Man, Nov 16, 2015

2. Thanks Word Man!
    I'll get the latest update and try another backup image.

Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Word Man Win User
    OK, you're welcome, but I don't expect the update will resolve your OP - that was just bonus information for you.

Word Man, Nov 16, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

You can check it by creating a system restore point also. If you make one you'll see the CAPI2 error in Event viewer, fix the authority and you will not.

I just did it on 1511 build as I'd not done it since the upgrade and it had come back... It still works fine.

5. Word Man Win User
    Hmmm.. I hardly ever do manual restore points and, when I've done so, had not noticed anything amiss (hadn't been checking Event Viewer). Anyways - I re-enabled VSS writers in Macrium and just now did a quick incremental within Windows - it threw no error - but I'm not sure that VSS related error occurred for every backup in the past - I'll let it ride as is for awhile and hopefully they never recur after having modified the security settings - thanks, lx07.

Word Man, Nov 16, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    That was quick news, as I had checked for update earlier, and MR didn't mention any new update, but after your post, I checked again, and it was posted. *Smile Thanks for the heads up Word Man !! *Smile

OldMike65, Nov 16, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    There are rather a lot of Macrium updates these days it seems.... Not sure if it is a good or bad thing.

8. Macrium Reflect error help?

Just did another backup after installing the Macrium update, and I have even more log errors than before!

Macrium Reflect error help? [​IMG]

Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Its NEVER failed for me, but like I posted before, I ALWAYS do mine from a boot usb drive and NEVER from my OS Drive.

OldMike65, Nov 16, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    If you want to run it from Windows you need to fix the CAPI2 error then show us details of the Perf-lib one.

Don't worry about the warnings for now...

11. Just checked the box saying: "Exclude all VSS writers...", then did another backup with no errors!

Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015
  12. This is what I get when I run the "SC sdshow MSLLDP"
    I'm not sure what to do next?

Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

If you add lxo7 commands correctly you should see this screen, where at the end it will report "success"

OldMike65, Nov 16, 2015
  14. lx07 Win User
    Yep - you are quicker than me *Smile

Triple click on the text in the box to select it all, *Start + C to copy then paste into elevated command prompt and press enter. Should say [SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS like in @OldMike65 picture

Code: sc sdset MSLLDP DMacrium Reflect error help? :(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CC;;;S-1-5-80-242729624-280608522-2219052887-3187409060-2225943459)SMacrium Reflect error help? :(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)[/quote] What you have done is just query the current security setup with sdshow - not changed anything. What you are trying to do is add the bit starting (A;;CC;;;S-1-5-80

15. Done!
    Thanks!!

Cornishman, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect error help? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect error

2. Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors: Hi, All of a sudden I started getting VSS errors in Macrium Reflect. They have utilities VSSFix which I ran. I made sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, restarted it. Uninstalled Acronis and Veracrypt - not sure if related. My drive is Bitlocker encrypted but it...
  3. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  4. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...