Windows 10: Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Discus and support Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] 54870 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CountMike, Jun 29, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366 [​IMG]

:)

CountMike, Jun 29, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

I want download software free data recovery please tell me where download?

Macrium Reflect 7 Free Edition

BulldogXX, Jun 29, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

Hi *Smile

Each time I update Macrium (and I have it on 4 Computers) do I have to update the rescue media ?

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366 [​IMG]

Stephanie, Jul 3, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    With the latest update, YES Steph, it justs overwrites your existing one Steph. *Smile

OldMike65, Jul 3, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Only if the hardware is different. The PE pulls HDWE specific drivers. I have Macrium on DT and lappy. Dual boot DT, use the same Thumb, but on lappy it's diff hdwe, so I re-do.

f14tomcat, Jul 3, 2016
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Ok thanks guys, I have to burn a disk each time as 3 Computers can boot from USB but 1 cant *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 3, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

The only reason you have to update Rescue Media is to update one file > Reflect.exe

You can use Modify PESE to mount the Macrium Boot.wim and then replace that ONE exe File that was updated..
    Or you can just run Reflect.exe from the mounted image to self update the file

Attachment 88379

Kyhi, Jul 4, 2016
  9. Stephanie Win User
    Cool, thank you Kyhi *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 4, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Older versions of Macrium can't use the backup images made with newer versions of Reflect (in my experience) , so burn the Rescue media to CDRW and update it each time you Update Macrium. ( The newer rescue CD can load the older Images though AFAIK)

Kbird, Jul 4, 2016
  11. Stephanie Win User
    Thanks for the info Kbird *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 4, 2016
  12. topgundcp Win User
    @Stephanie
    You should not have to create the rescue disk on CD/USB. You can set it up to boot from the external HD that you are making backup image with so you don't have to carry the CD/USB around. It is faster to boot and take no time to create a new version, just delete the old version, create new ISO and unzip. Here's a video on how to. Note that the same procedure is used for internal HD/SSD.
    NOTE: You could also create a dual boot with Macrium but it will slow down the boot time. Besides, if your OS drive is broken then you'd have no way to boot.
    [youtube]6NrjGnP1txY[/youtube]

topgundcp, Jul 4, 2016
  13. Stephanie Win User

Thank you topgundcp *Thumbs

Stephanie, Jul 4, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    Interesting method TopGun , thanks for the info, I will have to give it a try.

Kbird, Jul 4, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    just an FYI I saw on MR Forums they have a Bug in this version , from there :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having problems.

We have identified a bug with Win 10 PE build 10240. This kernel version of Windows 10 fails to load drivers signed after a certain date if the PC uses UEFI secure boot. The previous rescue media build contained the image mounting driver, 'psmounterex.sys', signed prior to this date had no problems. To enable v6.1.1366 to browse images in Windows PE it's necessary to disable secure boot in the PC firmware.

We will have an update available that resolves this issue shortly. I'll post back with more information when I have this available.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Kbird, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366 - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect FREE

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  5. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question

Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question: Hi All, I made a Macrium Reflect 6 free version boot USB drive and thought I would put it in to make sure it worked. I get two Kinston USB drive boot options, which one should I use to boot up with? Thanks [img] 26068
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310