Windows 10: Macrium reflect free

Discus and support Macrium reflect free in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by maranna, Apr 5, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

Macrium reflect free

Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
  2. maranna Win User

Always had success with this but today I tried to browse a backup for a folder and could not get past putting a check in the box and choosing a drive letter. When I clicked ok nothing happened. I did delete all the XML in my file explorer but that should not be the cause.
    Can you help?
    Thanks

:)

maranna, Apr 12, 2018
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 12, 2018
  4. Macrium reflect free

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 12, 2018
  5. I have not came across this issue with Macrium Free. My first thought when I come across an issue like this, when in doubt, reboot. If that does not fix it, hopefully someone that has messed with xml files and Macrium can post with more information. I just tested mine and had no issue getting a drive letter added.

Access Denied, Apr 12, 2018
  6. maranna Win User
    >>I cannot contact Macrium as I have the free version.
    Do you know if deleting the XML files, which I did, means one cannot read an image? It never affected it before that is why I ask.

maranna, Apr 12, 2018
  7. I cannot even see XML files in the folders where I have my images. I have hidden/system files enabled and even unchecked Hide protected operating system files.

8. maranna Win User

Macrium reflect free

My xml files are in file explorer>documents and are labeled reflect.

If you have the paid version coud you ask why I cannot browse the images?

maranna, Apr 12, 2018
  9. I have the free version also. I see the XML in my Documents\Reflect folder. I deleted one of the XML files and had no issue mounting the image with a drive letter. Perhaps you could try reinstalling Macrium Free?

10. maranna Win User
    >>I performed a repair and now will see. If not I will reinstall.

maranna, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

Macrium reflect free

1. Macrium reflect free - Similar Threads - Macrium reflect free

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules

Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules: All, Thanks to this site's recommendation, I have downloaded and configured MR Free for System images. I have it scheduled to do Monthly Full & Weekly differentials. I can't understand the Retention Rules? Here is my default set up. [img] But when I go to the log of...
  6. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  7. Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.

Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.: I had no problem when I had/used Reflect on Windows 8/8.1. Now that I've upgraded to 10, I can't get Reflect to work at all. I followed the directions to the letter on their website. I use disk part exactly as they say. Then 1 of 2 things happen when I try to create rescue...
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310