Windows 10: Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

Discus and support Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MikeinGrange, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space on that drive.
    How do I now reverse that partitioning so that I can use the whole of the disk space for data? Only the 359GB partition is accessed when I attempt to format the volume.
    The partitions on the two drives are shown as:

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning? [​IMG]

:)

MikeinGrange, Feb 4, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 4, 2018
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Feb 4, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

fireberd, Feb 4, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    You need to delete the last two partitions one is a logical one then you can grow the other partition

Samuria, Feb 4, 2018
  6. Word Man Win User
    If (B) is the upper of the 2 disks displayed, I suspect you made a clone rather than an image. If you mean you just want to clear out that drive to use it all (creating a single volume on it) then yeah, MiniTool that fireberd referred you too will make short work of that.

Is it something other than what I described that you want to do? Did I misunderstand and you are booting from and using the upper disk as your system disk? I see a 359 GB used on that disk but no 359 GB remaining of any status anywhere.

Word Man, Feb 4, 2018
  7. Many thanks to fireberd, Samurai and Word Man for your responses. Mini Tool Partition Wizard did the job, and I have now merged the partitions.
    Quite right, it was a clone that I had created earlier, not an image. I had forgotten the type of experiment that I had been doing many months ago.

MikeinGrange, Feb 5, 2018
  8. Word Man Win User

Great that you got it sorted, Mike!
    *Thumbs

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect –

2. Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition: I have a 2TB disk with a 100GB partition which I want to clone to a 1TB disk with a 100TB partition (and the rest unallocated) I get a message about insufficient space. I did check of all the other partitions, leaving just the 100GB on the source. - - - Updated - - -...
  3. macrium reflect shrink partition

macrium reflect shrink partition: I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file. My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition) If I install a new 250Gbyte ssd wiil the reflect restore process after drag and drop the c: partition from the old ssd to the new ssd in the restore...
  4. Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition: How to: Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition This tutorial will show how to create a small Macrium Reflect Recovery Partition and add it to Windows 10 Boot Menu. In case of emergency, user can boot to Macrium Rescue environment and fix Windows boot issues, or restore...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reverse macrium