Windows 10: Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Discus and support Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by brummyfan, Oct 28, 2016.

1. brummyfan Win User

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated.

:)

brummyfan, Oct 28, 2016
  2. johnptd Win User

Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Boot disc System Image Recover not possible from USB

What I'd do is not bother with WIndows imaging in this case, since it frequently won't recover to a new hard drive anyway. Instead plug back in the old hard drive and create an image using the best free app

Macrium Reflect is a Free and Easy To Use Backup Utility
    along with it's Rescue Disk, then swap out the hard drives and boot the disk to restore to it, fully automated and failure-free.

Restoring a System image from Windows

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 28, 2016
  4. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

storageman, Oct 28, 2016
  5. Superfly Win User
    @brummyfan did it not ask for additional drivers when creating PE boot?

@storageman Good reply *Wink

Superfly, Oct 28, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    I remember seeing everything ticked, anyhow, I don't have any driver for Precision touchpad, only the one provided by Microsoft, Acer hasn't released drivers for this touchpad.

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure [​IMG]

EDIT:
    I have tried to create recovery again and it asked for the drivers as in my snip:

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure [​IMG]

brummyfan, Oct 28, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Thank you storage man & Superfly, I am using AOMEI Backupper for the time being as it's working, I have also informed Macrium about it, hopefully I may get a reply from them.

brummyfan, Oct 28, 2016
  8. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Brummyfan - I wanted to get back to you. It does look like there is a problem with your system and how Macruim is configuring the Win PE configuration. I have a HP laptop, but never use the trackpad. I use a wireless mouse. I booted it up after removing the wireless mouse using my Reflect Recovery disc and the Track pad works like a charm. I did not include any special drivers with the Reflect build. So in my mind there is a problem where MR is missing/or outdated component driver when building their PE environment. Have a good day.

storageman, Oct 28, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    I have solved the problem by going in to BIOS settings, switch to Basic from Advanced for Touchpad setting and the pointer appeared for Macrium recovery USB stick.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

1. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect rescue

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media

USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media: Windows 10 ver. 1903 I want to make a rescue disk/bootable media in order to restore a Macrium Reflect disk image if disaster ever strikes. I have: 1. A usb thumbdrive with various folders and files. I'm not sure it's bootable. I don't want to lose the contents. 2. An...
  4. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  5. Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot

Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot: I have an old Thinkpad SL510. I did a clean install of Windows 10 on it. I installed Macrium Reflect 7 Free and did a image backup. I also created a rescue USB drive. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to boot into this 64-bit USB rescue drive. I had created a...
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  9. Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver

Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver: Hi, I'm trying last Macrium Reflect Free 64-bit UEFI version (6.3 build 1835), and it's working great. Only thing I'd like to know, if there are some license restrictions on free version, to the wifi drivers using usb rescue media. When I build the usb rescue media,...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reflects fix windows boot problems touchpad not working