Windows 10: Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused)

Discus and support Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have been away from computers for some time and i thought i had worked out creating an image ready to restore if needed. When creating an image i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by djmitch, Jan 22, 2018.

1. djmitch Win User

Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused)

I have been away from computers for some time and i thought i had worked out creating an image ready to restore if needed. When creating an image i was selecting 'C' and the hidden small boot partition for the one image assuming this was what i needed if i had to restore the image.
    I then was doing some google and this person was saying you had to back them up independently and to do a restore you had to first restore the small hidden partition the go back and then restore the 'C' image afterwards.

If someone could clarify which is correct i would be very appreciative (please keep it simple*Redface)

Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused) [​IMG]

:)

djmitch, Jan 22, 2018
  2. g.clark Win User

Cannot perform system image back up using Windows Backup

same here Time Lady, stuck to Macrium Reflect, as Windows 10, Backup, won't work!

g.clark, Jan 22, 2018
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 22, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

If you click on the little Windows flag at upper left (the one that also reads "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" everything will turn out great. My good buddy Kari has put together a terrific TenForums tutorial on working with Macrium: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect. You can use it to work through all the typical usage scenarios.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 23, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    That source was talking absolute rubbish. You just backup all partitions to a single image file. You can even backup separate drive to one image file but I prefer to back them up separately as it is less confusing.

cereberus, Jan 24, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    I backup, via MR7 and Image for Windows, all partitions separately -- purely a personal choice *Smile
    The idea of one image of all the partitions is a very good idea also, many do that.

RolandJS, Jan 24, 2018
  7. djmitch Win User
    Thank you all for your help, i can now get on with things knowing if i screw something up i can safely recover

djmitch, Jan 24, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Why on earth would you backup partitions separately? It is easy to restore a single partition, and keeping them in one image means you are less likely to lose track of which partitions came from where.

cereberus, Jan 25, 2018
  9. RolandJS Win User
    One example, let's say one has the Data partition backup separate from the OS partition backup. for 1-2+ weeks (1-2 weeks post the backups -- lots of data files have been updated, numerous download EXEs and ZIPs have been added to the stockpile, and so on, onto the Data partition. Suddenly, the OS implodes or explodes, pretty much no more OS. Without touching the Data partition, without touching the Data partition's backup, one simply restores the OS partition and keep right on truckin'. Regarding keeping track of backup image origins, I name each backup image: YYYYMMDD_[drive letter]_S0[1 or 2 or 3 - depending upon which computer was being backed up]. By drive letter, I mean the normal drive letter assigned by Windows 7 during its normal operations, or, earlier by Windows 7 disk management -- because my OS and Data partitions are backed up separately, not rolled up into one image.
    Personal experience: I have had to restore OS partitions many times over the years due to various reasons. I have only had to restore two Data partitions since 2003 using Norton Ghost; Acronis True Image; Macrium Reflect & Image for Windows consecutively.
    **I am not against making one full image of a hard-drive from beginning to end, all the partitions. That way has pluses. I simply, long ago, chose to make full images of the partitions - one partition, one image. Easier for me, less loss for me, during restore times.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused) - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect stuck

2. Confused about Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confused about Macrium Reflect: 3-17-2020 stats: Windows 10 pro 64-bit, Macrium Reflect Confused by the main screen "RESTORE" and the external cd "Macrium Reflect Rescue Media ISO". If your HD fails then the main screen "RESTORE" is worthless. Please tell me why I would ever want to use the Main Screen...
  3. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect 64 bit gets stuck

2. macrium reflect stuck at 60percent of partition g: