Windows 10: macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free

Discus and support macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Macrium Reflect for Home Use I was looking at this home edition but, wanted to get some opinions vs the free edition as I plan to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by p5200, Aug 2, 2015.

1. p5200 Win User

macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free

Macrium Reflect for Home Use
    I was looking at this home edition but, wanted to get some opinions vs the free edition as I plan to upgrade motherboards later on and would like to use the saved image I have the free v6 now. Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Aug 2, 2015
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to transfer ssd to new computer with windows 10 without formating?

You need to make an image of the SSD with imaging software that supports restores to dissimilar hardware. One example is

Macrium Reflect
    with their Redploy feature. Another is
    AOEMEI Backupper
    with the Dissimlar Harware/Universal Restore feature.

For more examples of software you can use, search the web for: image restore to dissimlar hardware.

BulldogXX, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

It is the best backup/restore program out there. I have been using it for about 7 months.

Gary, Aug 2, 2015
  5. p5200 Win User
    The home edition or the free? Thanks! *Smile

p5200, Aug 2, 2015
  6. gizbug Win User
    Home edition if you want to do regular backups. If you just want to do a 1 time/rescue cd, free is ok

gizbug, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Flik Win User
    I use the free version for weekly images, the software is that good I do plan on buying at some point.

Flik, Aug 2, 2015
  8. p5200 Win User

OK, Thanks very much!

p5200, Aug 2, 2015
  9. The paid version has a few features not found on the free version, but most users, including myself, wouldn't need them.

Just make sure you make a recovery disk and that it in fact will boot your PC. If it won't, you can't restore an image.

If you don't know why you'd prefer the paid version, you likely don't need it. There used to be a comparison chart somewhere on the Macrium web site.

ignatzatsonic, Aug 2, 2015
  10. p5200 Win User
    I think I'll just use the free for now Thanks folks! *Thumbs

p5200, Aug 2, 2015
  11. fireberd Win User
    I have a 3 PC paid version. We all like "free" software but if we do not support the developers eventually the software will go away.

fireberd, Aug 2, 2015
  12. sn00ker Win User
    I just used for the first time and I'm impressed with the free version . Not only did it created a backup image but I was also able to restore it . So I like it

sn00ker, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Both, You can see the diff at their website. I bought it but it was before v6. Today I would have gotten the free edition.

Thema:

1. macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free - Similar Threads - macrium reflect home

2. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  3. Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7

Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7: I've been using Macrium Reflect Free version 5.3 on my Windows 10 PC for a few years now. It's been a great, no-frills, disk imaging tool. Unfortunately, after the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (which updated my Win10 version 1809 to version 1909), Macrium Reflect 5.3 no...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  5. Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions

Macrium Reflect--Home edition questions: I replaced Acronis with the free Reflect version either per this forum or the Win7 forum earlier this year, and haven't looked back since. I received an offer email from Macrium regarding the Home edition and saw a few abilities that might make 'paid' sense. Although I...
  6. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  7. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  8. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  9. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect is it worth buying as a home user