Windows 10: Macrium Reflex

Discus and support Macrium Reflex in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Oct 5, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Macrium Reflex

Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my backup work on all this new stuff? Will Activation be a problem?

Thanks Z

:)

zplugger, Oct 5, 2016

2. Lost all data (pictures, music, word docs, excel docs) after Windows 10 upgrade

Save the folders to the cloud. OneDrive should also be saving them. You should also be making at least weekly backups of your system. I use Acronis True Image Home 2016. Others also recommend Macrium Reflex (free).

Cbarnhorst, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Replacing Hard drive - Windows 10 (upgraded) Product Key

Once upgraded the Windows 10 licensing is in the firmware. There is no Windows 10 product key unless you buy a retail copy of Windows 10. Your Windows 8 product key is of no consequence.

You can clean install Windows 10 without a product key and it will remain activated. If you see a request for a product key during installation simply ignore and click on DO LATER or SKIP. It will activate the first time it gets on the internet. You can
    also clone without disturbing the activation.

My recommendation is to use Macrium Reflex (free) to clone. Acronis has bad reports when an SSD is involved. The Acronis tool ships with Crucial SSDs and users say it doesn't work right. Macrium is highly regarded for this. A kit is inexpensive and worth
    the $25.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Macrium Reflex

It won't activate with the backed-up files... but new digital activation still works (i.e using a valid Win 7/8 key or genuine ticket method) - the deadline has ended but it's still open for new digital entitlements.

Superfly, Oct 5, 2016
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thank You So to be correct all I need to do before the upgrade is to create a new digital key from current system?

zplugger, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Oct 5, 2016
  7. zplugger Win User
    Current System is activated on a local account, this is how new computer will run too.

zplugger, Oct 5, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Macrium Reflex

Yup... use the activation migration tool with an MSA to register the digital entitlement then do the H/W change.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflex

1. Macrium Reflex - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflex

2. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  3. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  4. Removing Macrium Reflect Recovery option at Start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Macrium Reflect Recovery option at Start-up: Hi thereAcquired a new PC some weeks ago and have just successfully reset my old Windows 10 PC for onward sale or donation at some point in the near future.During the reset operation I requested a hard disc clean and a fresh install of Windows 10.However when I start up the...
  5. Removing Macrium Reflect Recovery option at Start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing Macrium Reflect Recovery option at Start-up: Hi thereAcquired a new PC some weeks ago and have just successfully reset my old Windows 10 PC for onward sale or donation at some point in the near future.During the reset operation I requested a hard disc clean and a fresh install of Windows 10.However when I start up the...
  6. Removing Macrium Reflect Recovery option at Start-up

7. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  8. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .: From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is saving my A**! 65846
  9. Problem with Macrium Reflex

Problem with Macrium Reflex: Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it. 14752
  10. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP: After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE...