Windows 10: Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual size of file???

Discus and support Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual size of file??? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just created a rescue disk for W10 on an 8GB sd card When I looked at the contents of the rescue files I noticed it was quite small Please see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 27, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual size of file???

Just created a rescue disk for W10 on an 8GB sd card

When I looked at the contents of the rescue files I noticed it was quite small
    Please see below images

As I have not been able to find any info on what the actual size of the W10 PE image is, can someone chime in to see if I have the right files and size for the rescue media

Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual  size of file??? [​IMG]

Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual  size of file??? [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Mar 27, 2018

2. Error: Windows\system32\winload.exe

I upgraded my HP Pavilion g7 laptop to windows 10 from an original purchased windows 7. I am using Macrium Reflect to backup. I needed a new hard drive and purchased a WD. In Macrium, I used the "Image Disk" to my external hard drive. I created a Macrium
    rescue disk.

Put the rescue disk in the CD/DVD drive. Powered down, removed the battery, removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

When I powered up, the disk drive spun and came up the error code: Oxc0000225 and the disk could not be accessed. The Macrium rescue disc would not load. I tried using an original Windows 7 disc and it would load either.

I am an older, intermediate user and don't know what to do. Please help!

BillNewAlbany, Mar 27, 2018
  3. imarif Win User
    What is the actual size of the Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023?

What is the actual size of the Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023?

It's keep updating while my phone is connected with my note book. how long i hav e to wait in my office to finish it of.

I have to go home.....pls let me know the size of the software update

imarif, Mar 27, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

It depends what version you build and what drivers. Mine is 284MB including my drivers and the optional bitlocker stuff so yours looks OK. I had it on a 256MB SD card in the past but had to upgrade to using a 512MB card as it eventually got too big to fit.

Why not try to boot from it? That will reassure you if it works. You don't need to actually then do anything.

If you want to use the spare space for something else as well you can make another directory (called "OtherThings" or something) and store additional data in it - it will still boot.

5. provlima Win User
    Thanks for your quick reply

If I want to boot from it will I have to go into my bios to boot from the SD card??

provlima, Mar 27, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    Yes. Make it first in boot priority.

Some PC can boot from SD, some others refuse and will only boot from USB key. You should check it before you need it.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium rescue disk ...what is the total actual size of file??? - Similar Threads - Macrium rescue disk

2. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  3. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Macrium rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  6. Macrium Backup File Size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Macrium Backup File Size: Hello,To backup my windows system I use Macrium reflect (free edition), every 4 - 5 days. One is a full image backup and 4 - 5 days later a differential backup and so on.The system uses 31.8 to 32.2 GB on the disk (no restore point).Usually a full image backup is ~20.6 GB and...
  7. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  9. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  10. Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10

Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10: I'm not familiar with the UEFI boot system in W10. Any pointers? Thanks. 40116