Windows 10: Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10

Discus and support Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm not familiar with the UEFI boot system in W10. Any pointers? Thanks. 40116 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by stringjunky, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10

I'm not familiar with the UEFI boot system in W10. Any pointers? Thanks.

:)

stringjunky, Feb 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 boot bcd error 0xc000000e

I had this problem during updating windows 10 with major update on my desktop, no idea why.

The best and simplest solution for this Boot BCD problem:

I use Macrium free rescue disk to boot my desktop (it's windows PE). This software has an option to FIX windows boot. You need to install free Macrium on another PC in order to create a rescue disk to do restore. By the way, it's the BEST FREE backup software
    and that saved my life several times with image backup. Thanks Macrium.

You don't need to type any dos command, it's done automatically.

Boot your problem pc with this rescue disk.

You need just to choose your system partition and click on "Fix windows boot" option , that's it.

---

I retry windows 10 major update again, and that worked the second time!!!

Hoang D Trinh, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    WIN 10 Recovery

Ricky,

Understood.

If Macrium Reflect requires you to make a boot disk / rescue disk / bootable-disk-with-another-name-I-can't-guess-at then you could test it by booting it from it to see if it causes the same problem symptoms.

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Feb 7, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, as soon as you switch on the laptop, press F2 button repeatedly, go to Boot tab in BIOS and select CD/DVD, press F6 to move up to the 1st position. press F10 to save the settings and exit. If you have access to another PC, create another Macrium recovery CD.
    Starting with the rescue CD

brummyfan, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Thanks brummyfan. Everything you posted worked up to the cd not running... it just hung... could be a dodgy disk. I went back to the Other Tasks menu in Macrium to make another and saw an option to add Macrium boot to the boot menu in the list, which I did, and this comes up now booting up... Windows will boot automatically after 10 seconds without user input:

Macrium V6  Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10 [​IMG]

I haven't done a restore yet but it all looks normal when it's running. I think I will like this because I don't have to hunt for a disk when it all goes awry. *Smile

Cheers

stringjunky, Feb 7, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    You still need a boot disk or usb stick in case your hdd fails, or c drive gets badly corrupted.

You can also reduce the count time to as low as one second (0 hides it altogether) in control panel, system, advanced system settings, startup and recovery (click settings button). I find 2 seconds is a comfortable setting i.e. long enough to react, but short enough not to be a pain.

If you ever need to rebuild your boot sectors, you usually have to reinstate the boot menu option as well.

cereberus, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Thanks for that. Have reduced the time and will try and make a disk later.

stringjunky, Feb 7, 2016
  8. brummyfan Win User

You are welcome and glad for you*Smile

brummyfan, Feb 7, 2016
  9. When Macrium Reflect v6 first came out, the boot disk was not compatible with some versions of Win10 -- I know because I tried to do a recovery using MR and ended up contacting their support department.

Supposedly, with the upgrade to 6.1.1000, that has all been fixed -- and when I have booted from the USB I made of recent versions, it works fine in Win10.

So, you should make bootable media of the current release (6.1.1023) and see if that works. It should.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10 - Similar Threads - Macrium Rescue Disk

2. Macrium rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  3. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD

Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD: In addition to adding Macrium Recovery to my boot menu and having a bootable USB, I always set up a bootable partition on one of my HDs per this thread by @topgundep, FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD. It always worked flawlessly giving me...
  6. W10 build 17763.475 macrium create rescue media fails

W10 build 17763.475 macrium create rescue media fails: Hi there With W10 build 1809 and build 17763.475 I get an error when trying to create Macrium rescue media although from within Windows the macrium product works. [img] The only difference between this build and the previous release is that I have HYPER-V switched on --...
  7. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  8. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  9. Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD

Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD: Hey Guys I was a poster on the SevenForums, but it appears that usernames and logins don't transfer from there? Anyhow ive registered a new account here to post my (hopefully simple) query: Ive just followed Brinks amazing Clean Install W10 without having to upgrade...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium w10 not boot

2. marcruim rescue sidk does not boot