Windows 10: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

Discus and support Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I'm looking forward to trying this out sometime, with my Base image(the one I made after a clean install, after I installed any OEM drivers I needed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

I'm looking forward to trying this out sometime, with my Base image(the one I made after a clean install, after I installed any OEM drivers I needed, such as Black Silk keyboard for my Fn keys and a few programs I knew I always will use).

:)

Cliff S, Jun 7, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

WIN 10 Recovery

Virtually all third-party image applications, like
    Macrium Reflect
    , create bootable images.

In my opinion, an image should be bootable on its own.

BulldogXX, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Reset Win 10 Pro on Dell laptop.

Hi Gary,

By all means, If you like it and it's working well for you there's certainly no reason to make a change.

It's good to know that a Macrium created disk image can be mounted and used as a virtual drive also, thanks for that.

Until we meet again,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Jun 7, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

Very interesting tut. Will try this out one day.
    Thanks Kari!

badrobot, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Macrium viBoot allows you to take that system image, upgrade it to latest build (14361 was released just two hours ago!), apply the changes and save the image.

No more need to upgrade or clean install and reinstall all software, then create a new image. Also very practical way to add your personal data to the Macrium image.

You are welcome. This is an interesting concept.

Kari, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Judging by their tweet, it looks that Macrium approves this tutorial *Smile

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Kari, Jun 9, 2016
  7. badrobot Win User

badrobot, Jun 9, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Jun 9, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    I believe that viBoot will remain free. It serves a certain purpose, a powerful addition to Macrium Reflect; in my opinion they will get more Reflect users by keeping viBoot free.

Kari, Jun 9, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
  11. Kari Win User
  12. badrobot Win User
    @Kari , one wild or nooby question. Will this also work with Windows 7?

badrobot, Jun 13, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

Yes. You can create Hyper-V virtual machines with viBoot from all images created with Macrium Reflect (free or paid version).

Just for screenshot's sake I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, created a Macrium image and then created a Hyper-V vm from that image with viBoot:

Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [​IMG]

14. badrobot Win User
    Great! Thanks Kari for going the extra mile. Much appreciated.

badrobot, Jun 13, 2016
  15. badrobot Win User
    Trying this out today....

badrobot, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image - Similar Threads - Macrium viBoot Create

2. Macrium image mystery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  3. VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium: I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation. I tried to open it in viboot but it refused to open it, and got in a loading failed loop. Installs done with 64bit uefi work fine. I checked the image and it is...
  4. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  5. Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect

Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect: OK here's my scenario, I have successfully used Macrium Reflect to create images saved on a 1TB external drive. I had 2 good images stored on it and tried to put 3rd image on the same drive. Please note that I have used one of save images to restore the system after replacing...
  6. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  7. Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing: [img] Hello experts, two questions pls 1. I am unable to see viboot feature while restoring in macrium free reflect? Is it restricted to paid version? 2. I tried to viboot in windows 10 machine with windows 7 image and getting attached error? Any idea pls...
  8. Macrium Reflect Is taking a long time to create an image

Macrium Reflect Is taking a long time to create an image: I am using Macrium Reflect Free to create an image of my WD portable hard drive. It has about 1TB worth of files on it. I installed the latest version of Macrium Reflect and used all the default settings to make the backup. It has been 1.5 hours so far and is 7% complete. At...
  9. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...
  10. Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot: @Kari Step 2.7: Instead of clicking "Next", click on "Restored partition properties", extend the partition to 125GB then click "Next". No need for step 2.9 75660