Windows 10: Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates)

Discus and support Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there The latest batch of Windows updates on latest build 1607 seems to be causing me a few problems Latest one -- VSS fails when running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Oct 14, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates)

Hi there

The latest batch of Windows updates on latest build 1607 seems to be causing me a few problems

Latest one -- VSS fails when running Macrium -- although backup seems to continue successfully.

Should I just ignore the error.

Macrium VSS problem  (again new build 1607 with updates) [​IMG]

After taking the backup I'm reverting to a W7 system and then going to do an upgrade to W10 - this will see if there was something broken in my W10 system or if the fault really is in the latest load of updates. If those are at fault I've got Windows build 1511 version again which I'll run until these are fixed.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 14, 2016

2. Errors with VSS, Windows 10 64bit using Macrium Reflect to clone Drives: VSS errors 12348, search 3079, CAPI2 513

I did yet nobody has replied with a fix and last night I sat on the phone with a Microsoft Support Rep who merely ran a virus scan for 2-1/2 hours on all my drives, including clones of drives which I told him and he said he fixed it. Obviously he didn't
    fix anything. He didn't even know what VSS meant when I called. This is ridiculous not getting support for the service that Windows uses to create backups. How can I get this really fixed? today I got an email form Support with the error code googled.
    seriously? I've been doing that for days.

Thank you

inquisitive133, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Dave-LindaRoesler, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Jimbo, probably no help, but mine had no problem today when it ran:

Macrium VSS problem  (again new build 1607 with updates) [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @Cliff S

Thanks for the info.

I think something on my system has got broken so I'll restore my W7 PRO system and re-do the W10 upgrade - this should bring in the latest updates. I haven't got time to try and resolve the problem as I have a few other strange issues like File explorer showing weird results etc.

Can't detect malware or anything untoward - but I never really trust those things 100% anyway - they are OK for some situations but I think if you've got weird machine issues it's better to start again than try and repair some really weird issues !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 14, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, sorry I wasn't any more help, but from reading your other posts about your system, it's also set up quite a bit more complicated, than my 3 internal disks.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates) - Similar Threads - Macrium VSS problem

2. Macrium Reflect Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Again: I am on Windows 10 on a big PC and using Macrium Reflect free version. I cannot get a handle on using it.My issue is getting started on scheduling. I thought I'd done it by various random attempts but it hasn't done a backupyet. I am looking at the documentation tutorial and...
  3. Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors: Hi, All of a sudden I started getting VSS errors in Macrium Reflect. They have utilities VSSFix which I ran. I made sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, restarted it. Uninstalled Acronis and Veracrypt - not sure if related. My drive is Bitlocker encrypted but it...
  4. New update 1607 will not install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New update 1607 will not install: I have had it with windows 10. I run a home business and my first encounter was that I told the update tool not to install windows 10. Then one morning I went to get ready and when I got back it had installed without my permission. I decided to try it an it has run perfectly...
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  7. Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!: Hi there After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN adapter - Bog standard INTEL so shouldn't be any problems with it. I have to have LAN at this work gig for security-- I can...
  8. BSOD during update to build 1607

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during update to build 1607: During installation i received a BSOD, first 2 restarts went fine, then another one at around 73% i think and BSOD something about system exception not handled. Scanned QR code, damn thing was of absolutely no help at all. Maybe you guys will be able to assist. *edit*...
  9. New build 1607 taskbar question

in Windows 10 Support
    New build 1607 taskbar question: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 & it installed the new build 1607 & I also have build 1511 on my other machines. On build 1607 is the clock on lower right side in task bar suppose to be to the left of notifications? unlike build 1511 clock all way to the right last icon...
  10. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...