Windows 10: Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

Discus and support Macrium won't save more than 6 backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Have 691 GB free on 3 TB drive, backup every night. Trying to save 7 but Macrium won't go beyond 6 no matter what I set it at. Free space requirement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wreckwriter, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

Have 691 GB free on 3 TB drive, backup every night. Trying to save 7 but Macrium won't go beyond 6 no matter what I set it at. Free space requirement is set to 400 GB. Ideas?

Paid version if that matters...

:)

wreckwriter, Feb 9, 2016

2. administrator account

If this happened to me, I'd restore from the latest full system backup I've made. It's saved my bacon more times than I can count. I use the free version of Macrium Reflect, but there are many others.

Hula_Baloo, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

Hi, are you creating incremental or differential backups, or repeating the full base image each time?

Presume your free space is exclusive of any deleted files.

Other than that, surely there's not an issue of contiguous sectors..

dalchina, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Full each time. Just tested something, got it working by unchecking the space requirement box. Looks like I'm good.

wreckwriter, Feb 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You'd save a lot of space, time and some disk wear and tear by using incremental or differential images

dalchina, Feb 9, 2016
  7. Probably true but I'm comfortable this way, been doing it since Ghost 9...

wreckwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

1. Macrium won't save more than 6 backups - Similar Threads - Macrium won't save

2. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  3. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  4. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  5. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  6. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  7. Is there a backup program I could purchase simpler than Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a backup program I could purchase simpler than Macrium: Hi, I am somewhat IT challenged, and things that others on this forum say are simple often seem complicated to me. I have looked at the Macrium Free tutorials, and although it is great that it's free, I do not find it easy to understand. Is there a program that is well rated...
  8. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  9. Backup saving more than requested

Backup saving more than requested: I have three physical hard drives on my computer. Backup is set to save things to Drive E, a physical disk different from Drive C. Despite changing the settings to include only my personal folder and Drive C, backup continues to back up physical Drive D (the box for that is...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...