Windows 10: Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login

Discus and support Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I made a Microsoft account last night to get an app and now there is a login in screen on my computer that was not there before. I am using a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Donagh13, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Donagh13 Win User

Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login

Hello,
    I made a Microsoft account last night to get an app and now there is a login in screen on my computer that was not there before. I am using a new licence of Windows 10 on a new computer and I would like to undo the changes making a Microsoft account made to my computer.
    I read this thread:
    Help Removing Microsoft Account login
    However the solution was not satisfactory. The login screen introduced doubles the startup time of the computer.
    How to remove?

:)

Donagh13, Jul 23, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Can someone please tell me how to close my mirosoft account?

First you will need to remove your Microsoft Account login from any devices (PC's Laptop's) before closing your Microsoft Account Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Button) Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options Choose to sign in with a local account
    You will need to provide your current password If you want you can add a new password for the local account or leave it blank Restart your system Once you have removed the Microsoft Account login on all your devices, click this link for a Step by Step on how
    to close out your Microsoft Account https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/12412/microsoft-account-how-to-close-account

DaveM121, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Microsoft sign=in changed my computer restart password

Hi Barbara,

When you first install Windows 10, the Microsoft account which is setup needs a password. While setting up you would have chosen a different password. Now when you try to login using the Microsoft account which is needed to login to Store it would have retained
    that password.

In order to access store you need to have a Microsoft account. If you remove it then you may not be able to install any apps from the store.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Donagh13 Win User
    Thanks Brink,
    That has fixed the issue however the start up speed has taken a permanent hit with an automatic logon rather than a startup with no logon. I will have to get used to using regedit so I can one day have actual control of my PC.

Donagh13, Jul 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    How much time are you talking about?

A startup with no logon is the same as an automatic logon. Do you seen anything different during startup that may account for the time difference?

Brink, Jul 23, 2016
  7. Donagh13 Win User
    There is a blue login screen for a second or two when the computer usually would have gone straight to desktop. It then goes straight to desktop so there is no real issue any more. The problem was solved using the second option of that link you posted.

Donagh13, Jul 24, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

A blue screen sounds like it may have been an update that required restart to finish installing.

I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login - Similar Threads - Made Microsoft Account

2. Can't remove an account. Or login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an account. Or login.: When I try to login into my Microsoft account. I got hacked and they deleted the gmail and I created a new one under my gmail So now I try to login but when I do that it say's I don't have Wifi which I got and it doesn't work. And if I want to update my information it tells...
  3. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it: Hello, so i'm on a local account and i can't login to the admin account i added. On the lock screen the sign in button is not a button, it's text which says "sign in" it's grayed out. I can get into the microsoft account itself but i can't get into the admin account. I tried...
  4. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it: Hello, so i'm on a local account and i can't login to the admin account i added. On the lock screen the sign in button is not a button, it's text which says "sign in" it's grayed out. I can get into the microsoft account itself but i can't get into the admin account. I tried...
  5. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

6. Need help to remove a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help to remove a microsoft account: Recently, I tried to click on a link directing to Microsoft Teams meeting through my email, it requires me to log in to a microsoft account. But the problem is that it automatically set the account which I am required to log on into as in the picture below. Apparently it...
  7. Need help to remove a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to remove a microsoft account: Recently, I tried to click on a link directing to Microsoft Teams meeting through my email, it requires me to log in to a microsoft account. But the problem is that it automatically set the account which I am required to log on into as in the picture below. Apparently it...
  8. Need help to remove a microsoft account

9. Removing login account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing login account?: A few weeks ago, I had to log to a different network with my laptop. Since then, I got two different accounts on the login screen. When I go to accounts (with my normal account), I don't see the other duplicate account that I could remove. I looked into the registry and I see...
  10. Help Removing Microsoft Account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Removing Microsoft Account login: Hi I'm running windows 10 pro free upgrade, I stupidly created a Microsoft account to install an app 'remote desktop' it changed my login to an email address, that messed up all my network logons, and I don't want an email logon, I hate it. I want a normal name login. I...