Windows 10: Made a Mistake with Python

Discus and support Made a Mistake with Python in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by battlezone, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Made a Mistake with Python

I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings.

Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I installed Python 3.5.4.3504. It shows up in the app list in Settings.\

I then figured out I didn't need Python because I was not going to use the standalone DeDRM removal app but just the DeDRM removcal plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall Python 3.5.4.3504.

I then remembered about the earlier Python install and was wondering if the new Python installation had maybe overwritten the earlier one. Since I need Python for Veracrypt to work, I decided to cancel uninstalling. For the last half hour, I have been looking at at the Python popup saying "canceling" and the cursor showing an hourglass.

1. Is it likely that Python 3.5.4.3504 replaced the previously installed Python ?

2. Was it a mistake to cancel uninstalling? If yes, what should I have done?

EDIT: I restarted and Python 3.5.4.3504 is still installed. VeraCrypt works. I still would like to know why after I canceled uninstalling, the canceling process would not stop.

:)

battlezone, Feb 28, 2018
  2. NeoZon Win User

I thinks I might have made a mistake with this one!

This is definitely software related. I have about 10 feeds, 3 email accounts and I use the Zune Pass. I also have had the phone from the beginning. It seems with greater use the problems comes up. HD video has always had crackling sound from the beginning.
    I have seen others report this and other issues too.

I once went into contacts and three contacts displayed at the top and the start page will still there underneath them. That's software.

NeoZon, Feb 28, 2018
  3. I thinks I might have made a mistake with this one!

thats such a bull ____ answer! all you do is repeat the same thing over and over again. why dont you actually say something helpful or let us know of key updates.

this phone has so much potential but needs major updates and work on the texting, photos, videos, spot, and needs more apps such as a freaking calendar!!! what phone does not have a freaking calendar??!

silvertip83, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Made a Mistake with Python

1. Made a Mistake with Python - Similar Threads - Made Mistake Python

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  4. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  5. Made a mistake

Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  6. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  7. I made a real mistake

I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  8. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Help. Mistakes were made.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Mistakes were made.: (Sorry for bad formatting, I'm on mobile) My mother has two old laptops that were still running on Windows 8 and 8.1 Recently the computer she regularly uses for photo editing has been breaking down, so in a worst-case-scenario, sadly, she had to resort to using one of these...
  10. I made a big mistake...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made a big mistake...: A call from Wavene Infotech showed me 1,159 errors/attempted hacks and other "serious" breaches on my laptop / Window's 10. Sounding like a scam I hung up....he kept calling back. I eventually allowed him to show me a log illustrating all the incursions. Long story short I...