Windows 10: Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

Discus and support Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings. I want to play Mafia II one more time, before starting Mafia III. It starts OK. When starting a new game, everything seems to be in order.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burgurne, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Burgurne Win User

Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

Greetings.
    I want to play Mafia II one more time, before starting Mafia III. It starts OK. When starting a new game, everything seems to be in order. I play in 2560x1440 with everything max out. But when I have lockpicked the white Jefferson car right after buying the lockpick-set from Guiseppe, the game slows down to maybe 1/10 of normal speed. I can look around with the mouse in full speed, but the police-officer that is running towards us, the acceleration of the car, and everything else inside the game is running in ultra slowmotion. If I then go to the main menu, and want to try this mission again, all is still going very very slow. I will have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end the game in task manager. Then I can restart the game, and starts from right after I got the lock pick set at Guiseppe, and the game is in normal speed right until I again gets into the white Jefferson car, and I am wanted by the police.

Here is what I have tried:
    Tried all the graphic settings from low, mid, high, optimal and custom
    Went into BIOS and disabled hiperthreads
    Run the game in Windows 7 mode
    Run the game as admin
    Run the game in Windows 7 mode as an admin
    Tried with and without V-sync
    Tried with and without AA
    Started new game from scratch.
    Uninstalled the game, reboot and reinstalled the game at a different path.

But with no success. It is on the same spot every time the gameflow slows down. Same fps all the way (144).

Any ideas to what to do from here on??? *Redface

:)

Burgurne, Oct 10, 2016

2. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Oct 10, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

My nokia Lumia 710 plays music through bluetooth on my corolla 2013 but when I am called, although I can hear the ring tone through car speakers, I cannot hear the other person (the caller). I already checked the volume and it is fine.
    Can anyone help? I would appreciate

how to do it, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

That happened to me too, but went away after a few seconds. How long are you giving it before you quit/restart. That slowmo effect shouldn't last more than 10-15 seconds, although I've seen reports of it lasting as long as two to three minutes. Next time it happens, let the game run and see if it goes away on it's own.

blackroseMD1, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Burgurne Win User
    I have now let the game runs for 15 minutes in slowmo, no change at all. Still have to kill it in Task-manager, next start it is okay again until I steal that Jefferson. :-(

Burgurne, Oct 10, 2016
  6. Ok, another solution I've seen that works for some people is to cap the framerate for that scene to either 30 or 60 FPS using something like Nvidia Inspector. If that works to pass that scene, then you should be able to remove the framerate limit again and continue playing at 144 FPS.

7. Burgurne Win User
    Well, I have tried to cut fps down to 59 by screen refresh and then run the game in a window. Same error :-(
    Tried then in full-screen locked to 60hz v-sync on, again same error.

For some reason I don't think it is graphic related, as the smoke from exhaust pipes and mouse movements are at normal speed. Also the music is at normal speed. And as written, if I go to main menu and restart the mission (without restarting the game!), then the error is there right from it loads at Guiseppe's shop. Talk is at normal speed, but the gamepace runs very slow.

Burgurne, Oct 10, 2016
  8. Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

From what I can see, it seems to be a pretty common bug, although it doesn't happen to everyone.

There are a few more possible fixes here that you can try: https://steamcommunity.com/app/50130...4467815274758/

9. Burgurne Win User
    Yes. That solution where I had to ALT-TAB out of the game, into taskmanager -> affinity and deselect all cores but core 0, and then ALT-TAB back again did it. I have played a little after that and found, that every time "I" am wanted by the police, this bug starts, but if I run the game with only 1 core, then the error is completely gone.

Is there a way to automatic tell Windows to just use 1 core when I start mafia2.exe?

Found later a youtube about fixing this error: Mafia 2 Slow motion fix // Yavaşlama sorununun çözümü - YouTube

Thank you for your help *Smile

Burgurne, Oct 11, 2016
  10. No problem! Glad you found a solution, because Mafia 2 is a great game.

blackroseMD1, Oct 11, 2016
  11. The Steam version of Mafia 2 works fine for me in 10, out of the box, no tweaks or fixes necessary. Maybe it's hardware-specific.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

1. Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Mafia

2. Mafia 1 Steam no background sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mafia 1 Steam no background sound?: I got Mafia 1 on Steam (Windows 10). Everything works except the sound. In cutscenes, for example, the music runs, but during car rides there is no background music. How can you fix it? (Please no links with English texts) Mafia 1 Steam kein Hintergrundsound?
  3. How to get the CD version of Mafia 1 running on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the CD version of Mafia 1 running on Windows 10?: Hello, everyone, Recently the remake of Mafia 1 was leaked there. Since I would like to order it in advance if possible I would like to play through the original to bridge the time. The problem is that the copy protection is not supported by Windows 10 or is no longer...
  4. Lenovo BSOD playing Mafia III, doesn't boot anymore, looking hopeless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo BSOD playing Mafia III, doesn't boot anymore, looking hopeless: Greetings, I am new to TenForums. I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I have an only 2 months old Lenovo Legion Y520 (i7, gtx1050 Ti) and this morning I have received a BSOD while playing Mafia III and few other BSOD's later while trying to resolve the issue on my...
  5. Mafia 2 freezing at start of game on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mafia 2 freezing at start of game on Windows 10: mafia 2 loads okay but as soon as I start playing it freezes, looking in properties it does not have a compatibility setting and in game options does not have a windowed option either, ACPI x64 based PC- Radeon (TM)RX 460. 111173
  6. PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSA: Mafia 3 currently locked at 30 FPS on PC: Just a heads up, if you're considering buying Mafia 3 on PC, be aware that it's currently capped at 30 FPS on PC regardless of your hardware capability. http://www.pcgamer.com/mafia-3-appea...o-30fps-on-pc/ YouTuber TotalBiscuit says he's been in touch with 2K and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mafia 2 windows 10 slow motion radeon fix