Windows 10: Magnifier

Discus and support Magnifier in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Until a couple of weeks ago, when I clicked on the magnifier, a window opened on my desktop with the option of clicking on increase or decrease... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RhodaM, Dec 1, 2021.

1. RhodaM Win User

Magnifier

Until a couple of weeks ago, when I clicked on the magnifier, a window opened on my desktop with the option of clicking on increase or decrease magnification. Then, suddenly, that stopped. When I click on the app, it appears in the tray but I have to press windows key and plus to magnify or windows key and minus to reduce. I can't get it to be on the desktop. Any suggestions.

:)

RhodaM, Dec 1, 2021

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 1, 2021
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Magnifier

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Magnifier

1. Magnifier - Similar Threads - Magnifier

2. How to Use the Magnifier in Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to Use the Magnifier in Windows 11 PC: [ATTACH]The Magnifier, an accessibility tool in your Windows 11 PC helps you zoom into your screen and makes things easier to see. This is a very useful tool specifically for people with low vision or people who are into editing images or often have to deal with small font...
  3. Magnifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier: Until a couple of weeks ago, when I clicked on the magnifier, a window opened on my desktop with the option of clicking on increase or decrease magnification. Then, suddenly, that stopped. When I click on the app, it appears in the tray but I have to press windows key and...
  4. Problem open magnify program:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem open magnify program:: Please help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-open-magnify-program/cad8468b-eea4-4180-a4f0-3435d93df642
  5. Problem open magnify program:

Problem open magnify program:: Please help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-open-magnify-program/cad8468b-eea4-4180-a4f0-3435d93df642
  6. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  7. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  8. Magnifier Lens Sizing

Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  9. Magnifier Lens Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  10. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....