Windows 10: Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

Discus and support Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HI, So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TedJones, Sep 12, 2015.

1. TedJones Win User

Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

HI,

So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?

Remove an account - Windows Help

and this
    People app help - Windows Help

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

doesn't help since I cant access the accounts inside the app.. Enabling onedrive or this command didn't do anything either.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All I see is this e.g. People app

Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them? [​IMG]

Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them? [​IMG]

By mail app just this error if i try to add any account as seen on the right picture. Its like they're burred deep inside the system and I just can't get rid of them to add them new again.

I reinstalled both apps and its still showing this list..

How can I remove these accounts?? Please help *Smile

:)

TedJones, Sep 12, 2015
  2. tsth Win User

Windows 10 mail contacts list problems

I keep removing an old email addy from a contact that shows 2 listings in my people app. But the old email address keeps showing up when I start a new email to this person. Why won't this delete from my people list? How do I get this email out of my
    contacts list? It also shows both listings when I try to use the "Share" feature in Windows Edge browser? I'm assuming the mail contact list is the same list as the "People" app on my start page? Is this right? Because this is the list I keep trying to
    delete the old email from and it doesn't show up in the People list, but does show up in my mail contacts for a new email. Anybody know how to help with this problem? Thanks.

3. windows 10 does not sync

Let's try and troubleshoot the issue. Follow these steps:

• Remove your email account from Mail App by pressing settings -> manage accounts -> select your account -> press delete account. Close Mail App.
    • Open People app and add your account by pressing settings -> add account. Close People app
    • Go to Mail App. Go to settings -> manage accounts -> select your account -> change mailbox sync settings -> disable contacts sync.

Let us know how it goes.

Radney Dri, Sep 12, 2015
  4. TedJones Win User

Just wanted to inform you it fixed itself..

Idk how, but maybe it was dism online new install.wim fix
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:H:\Downloads\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

I downloaded new one from here
    WZor on Twitter:

I also had to use RTM decryptor to convert from ESD to WIM
    MDL

Could also be AIO tweaking.com windows fixer in the end, but I think it was mostly this new image..*Cool

TedJones, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them? - Similar Threads - Mail apps show

2. Sort contact list in People app in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort contact list in People app in Mail: I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to "First Name" and the order is not changed. I cannot find a way to make it stick.Is there somewhere a hidden setting or...
  3. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  4. Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App: Hi there, I've moved to Windows 10 and when using the Mail app, I type in part of an email address or shortcut name such as "dad" and it gives me an email address that is out of date - not by days or months but years! I've looked in the People app and filtered out all the...
  5. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.: I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app. Help?...
  6. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  7. how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live

in Windows 10 Support
    how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live: hello i recieved a new mail adres from a contact of mine i send him a mail with windows 10 live mail no problem but i now see when i type the persons name it comes up double one is the person with the old mail adres and the same name with the new mail adress i removed this...
  8. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  9. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  10. Cannot remove accounts in People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove accounts in People app: Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how? 31616