Windows 10: Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

Discus and support Mail App Account Sync Across Devices in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gpwill, May 24, 2016.

1. gpwill Win User

Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both devices. Themes, backgrounds, etc sync up no problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

gpwill, May 24, 2016
  2. Malacath Win User

Mail Accounts not syncing between devices

I have a few devices with Windows 10

I want to use the Mail app to view all my different email accounts.

So I've added all my email accounts to the app but they are not in the app on any of my other windows 10 devices.

I am signed into windows 10 on each device using the same Microsoft account but none of my mail app settings are syncing.

I could swear they used to sync across devices in Windows 8 though.

Are my mail settings supposed to sync?

Or am I really supposed to go through the hassle of manually entering my mail settings on all devices?

Malacath, May 24, 2016
  3. fdai2735 Win User
    Will the mail and calendar apps ever sync across devices again?

Hi,

in Windows 8 having a synchronized mail app was THE reason for me to use it on all devices. In Windows 10 the mail app neither syncs settings nor the added accounts across all my devices (PC, Surface Pro 2, Lumia 920). Will this be a feature in a future
    version?

Btw, with "sync" I don't mean synchronizing inboxes with the mail server but the state/settings of the app on different devices.

fdai2735, May 24, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I don't use the mail app, but I am pretty sure you need to add the email accounts on each device before they can sync.
    Logging into a device with your MS account will allow settings to sync, but not mail, until you set it up.

simrick, May 24, 2016
  5. gpwill Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Thats is what I have found searching around also. I just started using the app and its not too bad if you have multiple web accounts like gmail, yahoo, etc

gpwill, May 24, 2016
  6. robgr Win User
    I believe syncing across mutliple PCs will only work correctly if the mail accounts are set up as IMAP

robgr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices - Similar Threads - Mail App Account

2. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  3. mail app sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  4. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  5. Mail App not Syncing Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  6. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts: By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from...
  7. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

in Browsers and Email
    error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account: I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147
  8. Windows Mail Accounts are not Syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Accounts are not Syncing: I am having issues getting my Windows Mail accounts to sync. This occurs when I turn on my computer or wake it from Sleep. Has anyone else had this problem? 63038
  9. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...
  10. Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app says account is synced, but account not showing up in app: When I first installed Windows 10, I added two Gmail accounts to the mail app and everything worked fine. Suddenly, neither account is showing up in the app, yet when I try to re-add the account, it says it already exists. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. [img] [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to sync email accounts across devices

2. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

3. can linked mail inboxes be synced to delete across multple devices

4. how to sync w10 mail settings across computer