Windows 10: mail app closes by itself while in use

Discus and support mail app closes by itself while in use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; this app has been sloggy, but now, when i finally get it to my hotmail account, it closes unexpectedly. first of all, it automatically opens to my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by circe801, Sep 4, 2015.

1. circe801 Win User

mail app closes by itself while in use

this app has been sloggy, but now, when i finally get it to my hotmail account, it closes unexpectedly. first of all, it automatically opens to my gmail account rather than the hotmail. if i try to sync to receive new mail or click on a message, it will close instead of performing the requested task. also, while cleaning out the gmail account, it closed unexpectedly and when i reopened it, deleted mail was restored.
    today, i received a notification that my hotmail account "needed attention", and when i tried to check the account on the mail app, i was unable to, so went to webmail to ensure that account hadn't been hacked. i was able to sign on at the site--so why was i told by mail app that it "needed attention"?
    and, as i mentioned, app is 'sloggy'--it takes forever to switch accounts, show a message and delete messages. any ideas about any of this??
    edit: after op, i reopened mail app and it did open to my hotmail (outlook) account, but shows "not synced yet". if i click to sync, the app closes...

thanks--

:)

circe801, Sep 4, 2015

2. My laptop shuts down by itself while in use.

What happens?

A) You are using your computer and the screen immediately cuts off and goes black with no messages or notices at all.

B) You are using your computer and a screen appears saying that an error has occurred and the system will reboot automatically after error is logged ("blue screen of death")

C) You are using your computer and a screen appears saying "shutting down.." or "restarting..." with a spinning circle

Let me know which one.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 4, 2015
  3. robin4224 Win User
    My laptop shuts down by itself while in use.

The screen just goes black, no warning, no message then shuts down.

robin4224, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

mail app closes by itself while in use

1. mail app closes by itself while in use - Similar Threads - mail app closes

2. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  3. Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app stopped giving notifications while closed: I have used the mail app for many years with no real issues.For the last few weeks, I don't get any notifications when the mail app is closed even with background app refresh on.I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates and patches via windows update.I found other...
  4. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  5. Closed apps after a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closed apps after a while: Hi every one For some time now, when I run the software and do not work with the computer,the software closes automatically after about 1 hour.For example, with a download manager software, I put a few videos in the download queue. If I do not work with this software after...
  6. mail app done reset itself

mail app done reset itself: I have been using the windows 10 mail app regularly for years and never had an issue. Today i opened it up and all accounts except the one i last used were gone and some other stuff has been reset. After resetting the app it in settings and setting up my accounts again i...
  7. program closing while using

program closing while using: A program closes when I open parts of it to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-closing-while-using/47173f37-ea99-4eef-ab1d-472c088766d4
  8. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

Issues while sending attachments using Mail app: Just like in this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957 I have the same problem. I send emails but the attachments - that I KNOW are there - don't send. They are removed from the email, which is then...
  9. Calculator closing itself while starting.

Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...
  10. Microsoft To-Do Closing itself while starting.

Microsoft To-Do Closing itself while starting.: I have a similar problem with this question before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-to-do-closing-itself-while-starting/b66d1fec-a1c0-41da-a20c-f8499cc8d710 I have installed To-Do and use it for a few months now until the very recent app...