Windows 10: Mail App crashes when viewing emails

Discus and support Mail App crashes when viewing emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pictorium, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Pictorium Win User

Mail App crashes when viewing emails

Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help.

I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself.

Here is an animated GIF of my screen while facing this issue: https://i.gyazo.com/8b5bf165e5aa2ab9...a0dd109aef.gif

I can open the Mail App without issue, but the moment I try to open an email (sometimes I can achieve this, but upon opening a second email it will crash at that point.)

Or if I try to input any text into a new email/reply, it also crashes immediately at that point as well.

I cannot seem to find any solution to this, nor can I re-install the application because for some reason my powershell looks like this:

Mail App crashes when viewing emails [​IMG]

As you can see, I have no prompt, nor does running it in administrative mode make the prompt appear. And when trying to use powershell through cmd, it just does nothing.

I'm at a bit of an impasse and have no idea how to fix this issue. Thankfully I can just use outlook's web client but this is still frustrating.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
    Thank you for any of your time and support.

:)

Pictorium, Oct 25, 2016

2. Microsoft mail issue

Hi

When I open the Mail app on my Surface 3 I can view both accounts on the left hand column but as soon as I go to view / delete /write an email the app crashes.

On one of my accounts it won't even synchronise, stating error code 0x85050041.

But there's no error code when I want to view the emails, it just crashes the whole app. I wanted to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, but I can't uninstall Mail.

Hope you can help.

Hannah.

HannahMontague, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Feďo Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update - Windows Mail app crashes when I edit an email

Hi,

After I upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest Creaters Update I noticed that my Windows Mail app always crashes when I try to edit an email. When I create a new email, reply to an email or edit a draft email, the mail app always crashes.

I have already tried to remove and add back all email accounts. I uninstalled Mail app and installed it back from the Store, but the app always crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Feďo, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Pictorium, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have NVIDIA graphics and have the 375.57 driver version installed, then there's a bug in that version. Installing the new 375.63 version will fix this for you if this is the case.

Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10

Brink, Oct 25, 2016
  5. Thanks so much. This problem was driving me bonkers. I have a Dell XPS 9550 and it was indeed the Nvidia driver causing the issues. Once updated the problems seem to have disappeared!

ZappAstrim, Oct 27, 2016
  6. blackhook Win User
    Hi,

I have the same Win 10 Mail App crashing problem, and updating to most recent NVIDIA driver (V. 375.95) hasn't solved the problem. Could it be something in the NVIDIA settings? Thanks...

blackhook, Nov 18, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 18, 2016
  8. blackhook Win User

blackhook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App crashes when viewing emails - Similar Threads - Mail App crashes

2. Syncing email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  3. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10: When I have to look for older emails by clicking "search online" in the mail app, the old emails load in the side bar. However, when I try to click on an email to view it, the emails in the side bar systematically collapse and disappear as though they were being deleted until...
  4. viewing attachments in Mail App

viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email

Windows 10 Mail App keeps crashing when I open an email: Hello, I'm having trouble with the Windows 10 Mail application. When I try to open an email, the application closes itself. Sometimes it will let me open one or two emails before crashing, but it always ends up crashing. I tried updating running the windows store apps...
  6. Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.

in Browsers and Email
    Emails not showing in Mail unless in view.: A while back I had this same issue, which I was only able to fix by removing accounts, uninstalling, rebooting and setting Mail up all over again. It has happened again today. Now when a new email comes in, Mail will not show a notification or alert me at all until I click...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email: Windows 10 Build 1909 Can print from Open Office, Adobe, or any other application. When you try to print an email, the print preview screen comes up, but it only shows a blank page. It locks up then crashes/closes the app. We have tried: Changed from standard to Admin...
  8. Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app

Error: 0x800700657, when syncing emails on Mail app: I was trying to sync the email to window10 mail app on computer. It successfully logged in with the account but could not sync any information with error code of 0x800700657. I deleted the account and re-setup the account, but still didn't work. ***Original title:...
  9. email app doesn't open to view emails

email app doesn't open to view emails: hi since yesterday windows 10 outlook app won't open too view emails, same ag as in today nothing. Can go into brower to open, but app doesn't work. Anybody else have same problem Thanks...
  10. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...