Windows 10: mail app doesn't access contacts

Discus and support mail app doesn't access contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by glaabenhiemer, Aug 2, 2015.

1. mail app doesn't access contacts

Hi all,

can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add
    an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc.
    If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/ names that are there [autofill] are
    ones who I have recieved mail from, my contacts aren't there. [added csv file to contacts I exported from live mail before upgrading from win8.1] where are the contacts from recieved emails stored?, can I add my contacts there?
    I notice that recieved email contacts aren't stored in my contacts app contacts folder. I would like to just use the win10 mail app than install something else. Thanks for any help, Regards Chris

:)

glaabenhiemer, Aug 2, 2015

2. How to access contacts in Windows 10 Mail App?

After finding Outlook 2016 doesn't play nicely with Windows 10 in the Tablet mode, I tried using the Mail app. While I liked the Mail app at first glance, I quickly found it doesn't have a link to my e-mail contacts, which seems very odd. Is it possible
    to access a contacts list within Mail and have an address appear in the To field?

Jersey-Devil, Aug 2, 2015
  3. larrykoch Win User
    mail app on windows 10 error code 0x80072ee2

I upgraded my laptop from Win7 to Win 10 3 weeks ago. Everything works find except the Outlook Mail app. It synced with the server the first time but has not synced since. Also it does not have access to my contacts. Is it supposed to? I can see all
    my contacts in the People app, but the Mail app doesn't have access to them.

I have tried all the ideas I could find in several forums, but none of them make a difference.

Outlook.com on IE works fine and I will continue to use it until the Mail app is fixed.

larrykoch, Aug 2, 2015
  4. bugga Win User

mail app doesn't access contacts

I am in exactly the same boat and the Microsoft tech's that I have spoken to about this and other issues are about asa much use as a **** full of cold water.

bugga, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

mail app doesn't access contacts

1. mail app doesn't access contacts - Similar Threads - mail app doesn't

2. Mail app contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  3. Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Contacts: How do I move my contacts from a csv file to Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-contacts/ecca300a-cbcf-434d-87c9-6ab89d8d8c38
  4. Windows mail app contacts problem

Windows mail app contacts problem: Contacts in windows people app not showing in mail app when composing the mail and typing in To field. Please tell the best possible solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  5. Windows Mail App Auto Contact

Windows Mail App Auto Contact: When I receive emails, the Windows Mail app automatically creates a contact for that company. The contact it creates is often incorrect. When I sent an email to myself the app created a contact about me, but the contact information was incorrect. So now when I send emails, it...
  6. Windows Mail App contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail App contacts: Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me...
  7. Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone: I was going to install Cortana on my android phone and link it to Cortana on my windows 10 pc until I read the risks. I can understand giving permission to access email and contacts for Cortana but what I don't understand is giving permission for an app to go into my phone...
  8. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  9. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  10. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0