Windows 10: Mail App fails to Synchronise my Yahoo Mail a/c

Discus and support Mail App fails to Synchronise my Yahoo Mail a/c in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After updating to "Anniversary Update" (currently I am using Build 14393.351), the Mail App fails to Synchronise with my Yahoo Mail a/c. I am getting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by layman, Oct 30, 2016.

1. layman Win User

Mail App fails to Synchronise my Yahoo Mail a/c

After updating to "Anniversary Update" (currently I am using Build 14393.351), the Mail App fails to Synchronise with my Yahoo Mail a/c. I am getting the notification, "Your Yahoo a/c settings are out of order". I have tried saving the "user a/c" & "password' in the relevant pop up window of Mail app several times to no effect. I have downloaded & ran "Windows Store diagnostic package", which also did not solve the problem. Some time I get Error Code : 0x80072af9.

:)

layman, Oct 30, 2016
  2. AnilSood Win User

Gmail account error code 0x80072726 Windows 10.

I have also tried all the tricks and suggestions made in this forum but could not make yahoo and gmail synchronize in Mail App. I then tried uninstalling third party apps and found that my antivirus (BAV)was the real culprit. I have removed it and now
    my Mail app is capable of synchronising all e mail accounts.

AnilSood, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail no longer sending mails following change of password

I've just changed my password on Sky Yahoo mail and my mail client, Windows 10 Mail, will no longer send emails. But it is still receiving them. The Incoming and Outgoing servers look OK. What could be the problem? I have synchronised the new password
    between Sky Yahoo mail and Windows 10 Mail.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SallyHarmer, Oct 30, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Try clicking on as indicated in attachment.

dencal, Oct 30, 2016
  5. layman Win User
    That was the first action I tried. It didn't work. A window pops up asking for User ID & Password. Even after saving I am back to square one.

layman, Oct 30, 2016
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    Yahoo is forcing many accounts to update their passwords, due to an old security breach.
    As a result, you really should try logging into your Yahoo account on a browser, to see if it's blocking your account for that password change.

gpstoloff, Oct 31, 2016
  7. layman Win User
    I am accessing my Yahoo a/c regularly through a Browser(Edge/IE). It appears there is a problem with the Mail App. As per comments in Microsoft Community Forum, I uninstalled it using Windows Powershell & reinstalled it from Windows Store, but the problem persists.

layman, Oct 31, 2016
  8. jems Win User

Im not getting the same as the OP,But with my yahoo email i never have the option to have mail as it arrives,Seems yahoo doesnt do push messages. So for now i have set up a forwarding email address in my yahoo settings,Maybe this is what the OP will have to do.

9. gpstoloff Win User
    AFAIK, NO IMAP or POP mail services push messages out to email client apps. They only create that appearance by pulling their messages with scheduled pull sessions.

gpstoloff, Oct 31, 2016
  10. jems Win User
    Gmail has the option to have emails straight away so it must be something to do with yahoo.

Thema:

1. Mail App fails to Synchronise my Yahoo Mail a/c - Similar Threads - Mail App fails

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  6. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  7. my yahoo mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my yahoo mail: yahoo mail keeps telling me it is out of date and when I try to fix it it gives me an error code ox8019019a. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-yahoo-mail/6be2d6b6-d456-464e-88b2-f03df6eeeaba
  8. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  9. Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail: I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019. At first, I got a notification from Windows 10 that my Yahoo Mail account is outdated needs my attention so, 1. I went into the setting...
  10. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...