Windows 10: Mail app From address using personal domain name

Discus and support Mail app From address using personal domain name in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I lease a domain such as terforums.co.uk and set up a forwarding address so that L: me@tenforums.co.uk redirects to L: myaccount@gmail.com how can I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mas21, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Mas21 Win User

Mail app From address using personal domain name

If I lease a domain such as terforums.co.uk and set up a forwarding address so that L: me@tenforums.co.uk redirects to L: myaccount@gmail.com how can I have the Windows 10 mail app send so that the from address is shown to the receiver as L: me@tenforums.co.uk please ?

:)

Mas21, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail with an IMAP account

Thank you for your reply, but I really don't understand your questions.

The email addresses are all from GoDaddy on an IMAP server and I have a personal private domain name used for all three accounts. I am trying to set up Microsoft Mail using the tile on Windows 10 named "Mail"

RonKollman, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Drilian Win User
    Adding an IMAP account to the Windows 10 mail app

For the record, I have the same issue with Windows 10 Mail. The user name I need to use for authenticating with my SMTP server is not the same as my email address - and the domain of my SMTP server is different from the domain that my mail comes from.

Basically, my user name is FooLogin on mail server mail.bar.com, but my actual email address that I want people to be able to reply to is
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and there appears to be no way to set that information in the Windows 10 mail app (as opposed to Outlook, Windows 8 mail, Windows 8.1 mail, Windows Phone 8 mail, etc, etc).

Note that both my personal email AND my work email have this same quirk, so I can't use Windows 10 mail to send either.

Being able to actually specify the email address that I'm sending from is an absolute must for me, otherwise I cannot send mail that can be replied to at a valid email address, as there is no way for either my SMTP server or Windows 10 Mail
    itself to infer the proper email address without it.

At least on the PC I can just use another email client - but once Windows 10 ships out to phone, I'll be completely screwed if this is the mail app that ships to it, and unable to send email from my either personal OR my work account from my phone.

Drilian, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Mail app From address using personal domain name

1. Mail app From address using personal domain name - Similar Threads - Mail app address

2. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app: Hi guys, When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft email app. Kind regards jkeXZ...
  3. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  4. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  6. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  7. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  8. Mail App send your messages using this name

Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  9. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  10. Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Isolating contacts from other addresses in mail app: I didn't quite know what terms to search for. Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop one email account using another email accounts contacts? Is it possible not to share contacts between the email accounts in the Windows 10 mail app? When using email address 1 and I...