Windows 10: Mail app frozen

Discus and support Mail app frozen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After upgrading to windows 10 all my mail worked fine in the mail app for a few days then it froze. Emails continue to arrive and my inbox grows and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chopperb, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Chopperb Win User

Mail app frozen

After upgrading to windows 10 all my mail worked fine in the mail app for a few days then it froze. Emails continue to arrive and my inbox grows and the mouse function moves the on screen arrow but nothing else works. Cannot open or delete mail, or access anything. Any ideas?

:)

Chopperb, Aug 14, 2015

2. Mail Not working

same problem, Mail is frozen I can see there are messages but can not open. If I go to Microsoft explore in my favourites I can open Gmail, but cant see my Bell mail. After update to windows 10 the mail App worked for viewing, but could only save attachment
    photos. Now everything is frozen in the mail app.

any ideas as to how to fix?

Linda P_876, Aug 14, 2015
  3. djol Win User
    Windows Mail app completely frozen after upgrading to Windows 10

Option 1 did not work. Mail app is still frozen and useless.

4. WillWord Win User

Mail app frozen

I had similar issues, my solution was my Antivirus, (Malwarebytes) but other Antiviruses seem to be affecting the mail app as well. I stopped Malwarebytes loading at start up now everything is working as normal, just relying on Defender and of course safe browsing habits.

WillWord, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Mail app frozen

1. Mail app frozen - Similar Threads - Mail app frozen

2. FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FROZEN setting called Restart Apps.: Hello, I do not want my preferences or apps remembered so I turn that off but it comes on again. I don't know why. Windows Update has a setting under Advanced Options. I checked there to see if all restarts after an Update are off. There is RESTART APPS with an arrow pointing...
  3. Windows 11 Frozen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Frozen Apps: Whenever I start up my computer from hibernation or just if the computer feels like it needs to freeze, both my browser Opera GX and Discord freeze I also lose wifi probably, because I disconnect from any calls. Spotify freezes as well but the play button still works, so...
  4. Windows 11 Frozen Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Frozen Apps: Whenever I start up my computer from hibernation or just if the computer feels like it needs to freeze, both my browser Opera GX and Discord freeze I also lose wifi probably, because I disconnect from any calls. Spotify freezes as well but the play button still works, so...
  5. Frozen default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen default apps: On my home computer, every time I use a Microsoft corp app such as snip and sketch, films and tv, or even calculator after a while it freezes and I'm unable to swap apps with Alt tab or Windows tab for a while without going into task manager. I've already tried resetting the...
  6. Frozen default apps

Frozen default apps: On my home computer, every time I use a Microsoft corp app such as snip and sketch, films and tv, or even calculator after a while it freezes and I'm unable to swap apps with Alt tab or Windows tab for a while without going into task manager. I've already tried resetting the...
  7. Frozen default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. apps frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps frozen: I have a lenovo laptop and the apps open but do not close. I have been able to get into safe mode and into eventviewer but cant open diagnostic startup as it is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-frozen/fb6db77c-a85a-4c1a-8a95-bd4b71a6af38
  9. mail deletion capability frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mail deletion capability frozen: I am having a problem with my emails. I am unable to move, archive, delete my emails. Also, when I attempt to check an individual email box it immediately opens and I am unable to use the check all emails box. I have deleted chrome and re-installed still no change. Please...
  10. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...