Windows 10: Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo

Discus and support Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was setting up my Yahoo account in the Windows Mail App. I received this from Yahoo: [img] Hi Rich, Someone attempted to sign in to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ztruker, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo

I was setting up my Yahoo account in the Windows Mail App. I received this from Yahoo:

:)

Ztruker, Aug 4, 2016

2. stopped getting emails to my phone nokia 610 , 'attention required' and error code 800C000

have tried virgin mobile and yahoo answers and Yahoo mail customer care on twitter, but have not been able to sort it, can you help please. have email address with g.mail which is the same but with error code 303. they said also that I was using an insecure
    app.

gordonwardIP, Aug 4, 2016
  3. 'RickT Win User
    "Your yahoo account settings are out of date" pop-up windows when using Fiorefox on Windows 10

The "out of date" message from Windows Mail is due to a misnomered time-out error when it tries to sign in to Yahoo. Probably got its nose out of joint with being considered an "insecure app" by Yahoo (who are hardly the ones to go on about security)

Yahoo has their own free Mail app, available in the Store. Its UI is boring (same as the webpage), and it takes 15 minutes to Notify you that you have mail, for some reason. On the other hand you can log in and out at your own discretion, persistent through
    reboots.

'RickT, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo

1. Mail APP insecure according to Yahoo - Similar Threads - Mail APP insecure

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  6. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  7. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  8. Mail App Not Working for YAHOO

Mail App Not Working for YAHOO: Hi,t I'm using WIN 10 HOME Version 1909 Build 18363.778. I was using Yahoo & Live mails in MAIL app. Few days ago I got error that settings needs to be updated and Yahoo mail was not syncing properly. I tried available solution on internet including uninstalling the app,...
  9. Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail

Mail App would not work with Yahoo Mail: I have my Windows 10 Mail setup to receive and send mail by way of Yahoo Mail account, its been working fine until today Dec 18, 2019. At first, I got a notification from Windows 10 that my Yahoo Mail account is outdated needs my attention so, 1. I went into the setting...
  10. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...