Windows 10: Mail App keeps crashing

Discus and support Mail App keeps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sims Minecraft, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mail App keeps crashing

Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it through powershell but nothing has worked. I ended up calling Microsoft support and they made me reinstall windows. Then I spoke to a level 2 team who reverted windows to a previous version then in the end said " You're just going to have to use the outlook program with office" But i don't want to do that i think it looks messy, and my office suite has stopped working after they made me reinstall windows. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Thank you.

:)

Sims Minecraft, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Mail App Windows 10 keep Crashing

Hi Erfan,

Applications may crash due to unknown circumstances from time to time. To troubleshoot
    Mail app crashes, we recommend trying these following methods:

Run the Windows Application Troubleshooter:

The troubleshooter detects and fixes errors within Windows Store applications
    and built-in Windows 10 apps. It's always nice to try the troubleshooter before anything else. To use the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Download the troubleshooter on this
      link
    • Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After running the troubleshooter, restart your PC and check if your issue has been fixed.

Reset the Mail App:

Resetting or refreshing the Mail app usually resolves any issue with it. To reset the Mail app, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, search and open Apps & features.
    • Scroll down to find Mail and Calendar.
    • Select Mail and Calendar, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Note: Resetting the Mail app will remove any account associated with it. No need to worry, logging your account back to the Mail app will resync your email account to the Mail app. No emails are deleted upon resetting/refreshing
      the Mail app/

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Mail App keeps crashing

Mail App Keeps Crashing

Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1511. Honestly, I wish I had never upgraded. I never had problems with my previous version of Windows 8. Since going to 10 about once a week my entire laptop crashes with some Windows error saying it has to reboot and now I can't use Mail. Not good!

birdsketcher, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Mail App keeps crashing

1. Mail App keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Mail App keeps

2. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  3. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  4. mail app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app keeps crashing: Im furious right now. Im working on my email urgently and the mail app for Windows keeps on crashing. I need to send emails to my boss and I cant afford this to happen. Its working fine yesterday!...
  5. mail app keeps crashing

mail app keeps crashing: Im furious right now. Im working on my email urgently and the mail app for Windows keeps on crashing. I need to send emails to my boss and I cant afford this to happen. Its working fine yesterday!...
  6. Windows Mail App Crashing

Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  7. Mail keeps Crashing

Mail keeps Crashing: Recently, after the last Windows update, my Mail keeps crashing. Whenever I try to view my Mails, it crashes and just closes down. I have reinstalled it three times but still the problem remains. I even tried running system file checker several times but it still crashes....
  8. Apps keep crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps keep crashing: This has been an issue for many months now. All of a sudden, apps crashed despite still having ram to use (for example, yesterday i had 4 chrome tabs open, along with spotify and discord, and chrome and discord just refused to work at the same time). The screen flashed black...
  9. Mail App Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Keeps Crashing: Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on...
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashing

Mail & Calendar app crashing: I have Windows 10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) After uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016 I am unable to use the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. When I try to open either Mail or Calendar they crash immediately. I have tried every conceivable method that has been posted...