Windows 10: Mail App link details obscuring link itself

Discus and support Mail App link details obscuring link itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I hover over a link in the outlook mail app a small window pops up with the properties for that particular link. Very often it pops up on top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jacquesvan---01, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mail App link details obscuring link itself

Whenever I hover over a link in the outlook mail app a small window pops up with the properties for that particular link. Very often it pops up on top of the link itself thereby obscuring it from view. How can I stop this?

Mail App link details obscuring link itself 1974cf73-c1ec-4483-bf94-661fc2890994?upload=true.png

:)

jacquesvan---01, Jul 6, 2018

2. e mail link

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you using Windows Mail App or Outlook Mail?
    I suggest you to make Internet Explorer as default browser and then check the issue. Follow the steps given in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Please get back to us with the information required and results of the above instructions.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Aera Rua Win User

Mail App link details obscuring link itself

link wordpad to e-mail?

Hello,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges with linking this app to one another. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Can you elaborate your concern?
    • How you want it to be link?
    • Why you want to link this app with one another?
    • Are you using an Outlook email or is this a third-party email?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Aera Rua, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Mail App link details obscuring link itself

1. Mail App link details obscuring link itself - Similar Threads - Mail App link

2. links in Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    links in Yahoo mail: With the start of Windows 11 I can't open links in my Yahoo mail account anymore. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-yahoo-mail/ecf0b2fe-6a9b-40dd-b678-446afd3e1731
  3. links in Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in Yahoo mail: With the start of Windows 11 I can't open links in my Yahoo mail account anymore. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-yahoo-mail/ecf0b2fe-6a9b-40dd-b678-446afd3e1731
  4. Cannot Link iCloud mail account to Linked Inboxes in Windows Mail

Cannot Link iCloud mail account to Linked Inboxes in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly unlinked/relinked all of my mail accounts in Windows Mail and my iCloud account will not link. I have also repeatedly deleted the iCloud account with no success once I add it back. I only started encountering this problem when my iCloud account started...
  5. Linking iCloud account to mail app

Linking iCloud account to mail app: I recently purchased a PC and while setting up i attempted to setup my icloud account but the mail app says my settings are out of date. went through the steps suggested and setup two factor authenication but it was no help. anyone have suggestions?...
  6. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  7. Links in e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Links in e-mails: I now cant open e-mail links where I previously could. My mail is provided by BT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-e-mails/f3470bc8-50df-45a0-9e39-20bc0f11035f
  8. Mail links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  9. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  10. links in mail account

links in mail account: Recently I am unable to open links from my windows mail how do I fix this- I can open them from the outlook.com website- but not from the windows mail app on my pc Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email...