Windows 10: Mail app malfunction

Discus and support Mail app malfunction in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago I posted a question about the function of the Mail app. When I open an email message like the one below using the Mail app viewer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyFisher1, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Mail app malfunction

A few days ago I posted a question about the function of the Mail app. When I open an email message like the one below using the Mail app viewer it only shows this line information with no pictures or images or graphics, just this. I've been told that it could be a corrupted Mail app and was given some ways to fix it such as: re-registrar the Mail app but that didn't work. I even tried to uninstall and it and re-install as someone suggested but it seems the uninstall button or option is disabled. I never included this sample below before, so I thought that by showing on screen it might make it easier for someone to figure out what is wrong

https://www.facebook.com/n/?groups%2F83010567545%2Fpermalink%2F10155698108012546%2F&aref=1534116642338069&medium=email&mid=573590171338dG5af4956c7c9dG573455d82b515G12e&bcode=2.1534202235.AbzeqjOoYWVtT7_85es&n_m=gin.gin%40shaw.ca

=======================================

Reply to this email to add a comment. Change your notification settings:

https://www.facebook.com/n/?settings&tab=notifications&section=group_notification&aref=1534116642338069&medium=email&mid=573590171338dG5af4956c7c9dG573455d82b515G12e&bcode=2.1534202235.AbzeqjOoYWVtT7_85es&n_m=gin.gin%40shaw.ca

:)

TimothyFisher1, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 14, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail app malfunction

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Mail app malfunction

1. Mail app malfunction - Similar Threads - Mail app malfunction

2. Some apps are malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps are malfunctioning: Hey good morning everyone,I have a windows 11 HP laptop, for some reason Im not understanding, after I open the app, the close option i.e the doesn't work and the entire app malfunctions. I have attached a video file of my problem below. Please give a solution as soon as...
  3. Some apps are malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps are malfunctioning: Hey good morning everyone,I have a windows 11 HP laptop, for some reason Im not understanding, after I open the app, the close option i.e the doesn't work and the entire app malfunctions. I have attached a video file of my problem below. Please give a solution as soon as...
  4. Microsoft Store App Malfunctioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App Malfunctioning: I’ve been trying to download the Game Pass app, but it always got stuck halfway through the installation bar. So I did some research and found there may be possible problems between it and the store. That’s when I discovered that the store couldn’t download new apps and tried...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.

Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.: I have moved emails from my INBOX to specific folders that have been set up. However, when I try to access the emails in any of the folders I do not find the emails I have previously moved there! What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Windows 10 mail malfunction

Windows 10 mail malfunction: Everything worked fine yesterday. Today, I wasn't recognized and all my folders with saved emails were gone. In Settings, Sync Email was Off. When I switched that to On, I was recognized again with an empty Inbox and no saved mail. My latest backup was just planning to...
  7. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update: Windows mail app is malfunctioning after its May 2020 update from the Windows Store. The messages I send from my gmail accounts, appear to be sent out to the recipients, but instead of a copy going into my sent folder, it goes to my junk folder. As of June 9th, I am not...
  8. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  9. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  10. Integrated Window Apps Malfunctioning

Integrated Window Apps Malfunctioning: Hi, so some basic app that came with Window such as photos, movie & tv, and a program to extract file suddenly would not work. For example, when I open a picture in my desktop it shows something like this and this is the same for the other apps, so please help. [ATTACH] Thank...