Windows 10: Mail app not working now

Discus and support Mail app not working now in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swedeguy, Jun 3, 2016.

1. swedeguy Win User

Mail app not working now

All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my password which I enter and save, I try to synch again and get the same results- an endless loop. I have run "sfc/scannow" and no issues were detected. Any suggestions?

:)

swedeguy, Jun 3, 2016

2. Mail app is now not working error code 0x80070003

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to the start of the issue.

I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and see if it helps:

Please follow the link below to run the app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 3, 2016
  3. EdBahniuk Win User
    Mail app is now not working error code 0x80070003

My Win Mail app is now not working and no receiving email or not allowing any setting changes. OK for Outlook.com via a web browser to send and recv email.

EdBahniuk, Jun 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Mail app not working now

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    I used to get this with my iCloud account then I recalled that I had two-factor authentication on my Apple account so the email required an app specific password. Don't know whether Charter has a similar thing.

Bastet, Jun 3, 2016
  6. swedeguy Win User
    Nope. Deleted account and added back, still have the same problem. Tried to delete the app, it wouldn't, and reload but got strange message saying to contact Microsoft, blah blah blah.

swedeguy, Jun 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Sorry.
    I am out of ideas.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail app not working now

1. Mail app not working now - Similar Threads - Mail app working

2. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app and Photo app not working: Please I need help on this. The two applications are not working so from checking steps on the browser I decided to uninstall the app using powershell command. It is successful however when Im going to re install it using MS Store I cant open the store at all. It will open...
  3. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app and Photo app not working: Please I need help on this. The two applications are not working so from checking steps on the browser I decided to uninstall the app using powershell command. It is successful however when Im going to re install it using MS Store I cant open the store at all. It will open...
  4. Mail app and Photo app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.

Mail App now working in a peculiar kind of manner.: Why is it that the Mail App on my PC now displays in a peculiar kind of manner?All along previously whenever the App is started, a list of all my email accounts would appear on the left and a list of the email messages in the Inbox of a selected email account would appear on...
  6. Mail App not working

Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  7. Mail app is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  8. windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working

windows 10 mail app crashed now is not working: this morning i was in the process of sending an email when the default windows 10 mail app crashed and has not worked since. the app crashed at 10 am and as of 545 pm i am still unable to get any mail through the app. i have restarted the laptop, forced restart of mail app...
  9. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...
  10. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my password, which I put in, save, but mail still won't work. When I go into "Settings" and look at the password field there are twice...