Windows 10: Mail app notifications.

Discus and support Mail app notifications. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkStyles, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Mail app notifications.

No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out.

:)

MarkStyles, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Captship Win User

Mail app notifications.

No notifications from Mail app

Hello,

Thank you for suggestion but I had already turned on notifications from within the app without success.

Mail app is not available (not in list of apps) to turn on or off in the settings – background apps nor is it available from – settings -system – notifications – show notifications from these apps (not in list of apps)

In settings -system -apps & features – the mail app uninstall/move button is grayed out and unable to uninstall

When I first upgraded to WIN10 the Mail app was not functioning properly (well known problems and resolved since) so I uninstalled. The Mail app returned part of an upgrade

Suspect corruption during the reinstall which is prohibiting mail app to interact fully with OS

Appreciate more suggestions to resolve problem

Thanks

Steve

Captship, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Mail app notifications.

1. Mail app notifications. - Similar Threads - Mail app notifications

2. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...
  3. mail notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail notifications: how do I turn off new mail notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications/7b300845-cce7-4a6d-b1ca-de7083ead358
  4. Mail app favorites notification.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app favorites notification.: Hello! I would be grateful if someone could explain a way to make a favorite folder in the Windows 10 Mail app to show a notification when an email arrives to that folder. I have favorited many folders from my email but only the Inbox is giving/showing notifications when an...
  5. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Mail app not showing notifications: The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked accounts showed up. It has stopped doing that. Every linked account is set to DOWNLOAD NEW CONTENT AS ITEMS ARRIVE. Sync...
  6. Mail notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail notifications: I want to turn on mail notifications, I already configured the settings inside the app, but was unable to turn them on in Notifications & Actions settings, because I'm not allowed to press the button: Does anybody know how to change that?...
  7. Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app: sorry if this get confusing but my problem is that for some reason if i send mail to myself with another acc the mail app will show it and put that number on the mail app pinned to the taskbar and start. but if its not from me i will still get the notification for it in the...
  8. Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Notification: I have two email accounts linked to the Windows 10 mail app. The pop up notification for one of them has a delete button and the other has an archive button. How can I get the second one to have the delete button in the notification? They both had it at one point and now the...
  9. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...