Windows 10: Mail App People Have Disappeared

Discus and support Mail App People Have Disappeared in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Am exploring the use of Mail app under W10 and things were going fine until this morning. I opened the app and found all the people have disappeared. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Mar 9, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Mail App People Have Disappeared

Am exploring the use of Mail app under W10 and things were going fine until this morning. I opened the app and found all the people have disappeared. I get a message saying."All your contacts are hidden, but you can still find them by searching. To see more contacts, tap Showing." I can't find Showing any where to tap. What do I have to do to get my people back?

Further, when try to send a new email and click on the little person on the To: field I get a list of people but they are not the ones that were in People. I've no idea where they came from nor do I remember doing anything that might have caused this condition.

Will someone please help me fix all this?

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Mar 9, 2018

2. people contacts list missing

Hi all after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 all my contactsd have disappeared from the people app. I also cannot figure out hw to move an e mail address into the people app, any ideas??

daviddickinson1948, Mar 9, 2018
  3. Contacts have disappeared from People App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like the people app on your phone is having a synchronization issue, or this could also be a possible software issue. For us to assist you with your concern, please answer
    the following questions:

• Which phone model and version of Windows are you using?
    • What exact troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a hard
    reset
    on your phone. It
    will bring your phone back to factory settings, the same state as when the device was first turned on.Please
    back up your stuff first to avoid data
    loss.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Mar 9, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Go to the MS Store and update your Apps, the Mail App updates are about one per week.

In each Mail Account > settings, Contacts should be On.
    Also in the People App Go to the Funnel icon on the left(filter contacts)
    Tick boxes for Accounts > Done.

Helmut, Mar 10, 2018
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Helmut,

I went to the store, found the Mail app but could not find a way to update it. It showed 'all ready' installed or something like that but there was nothing about updating.

Could not find anything about 'Contacts' in any of my 3 accounts.

I ticked 'Microsoft Account' under the People apps funnel.

None of the above solved the problem. I wonder if build 1709 has a different set of instructions.
    It has not been a good morning.

Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

JJG10, Mar 10, 2018
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    If the Mail app is acting weird, you can do a reset on it. Not sure how much re-setup you would need to do, though. But the option is available. Settings>Apps>Apps and Features. Scroll down till you come to Mail and Calendar, click advanced and there is a reset option.

Mail App People Have Disappeared [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 10, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    I am on version 1709 build 16299.251, but these basic things have not changed in the Apps concerned for sometime.

MS Store - Top Right > 3 Dots > Downloads and updates > Get updates.
    MS Store - Top Right > 3 Dots > Settings > App updates Auto On/Off.

Mail App
    Click on "Accounts" 3 down on the left pane.
    On Manage Accounts (Select an account to edit settings) > on right pane select the account.

Select Account > Change mailbox sync settings > Down the bottom toggle "Contacts" > On.

You may not get the Calendar or Contacts options on some Accounts, however you do for Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail.

People App
    Under Filter contacts ensure "Hide contacts without phone numbers" is Off.

Sounds like you are in Touchscreen mode, but basically it's like that.

Helmut, Mar 10, 2018
  8. JJG10 Win User

Thanks to both you and Tomcat. Between the two of you I finally go things to be where I thought they should.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App People Have Disappeared - Similar Threads - Mail App Disappeared

2. lost my people app in mail with windows 11 , I click on it and it disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my people app in mail with windows 11 , I click on it and it disappears: my email will no longer show my contacts , I click on people icon and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-people-app-in-mail-with-windows-11-i-click/d14024bb-e8a4-4f6a-9ff1-bc9256fc9965
  3. lost my people app in mail with windows 11 , I click on it and it disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my people app in mail with windows 11 , I click on it and it disappears: my email will no longer show my contacts , I click on people icon and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-people-app-in-mail-with-windows-11-i-click/d14024bb-e8a4-4f6a-9ff1-bc9256fc9965
  4. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  5. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  6. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  7. People app in Windows 10 Mail

People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  8. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  9. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  10. Transferring Vista Mail to the People app

Transferring Vista Mail to the People app: I have just added an email address to Windows Mail. How can I copy all the Contacts from Windows Vista to this new app given that there is no Outlook or Google account involved ... it is an email address provided by a broadband supplier....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. people who have disappeared

2. windows phone mail app disappeared

3. why has the people app disappeared