Windows 10: Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

Discus and support Mail app repeatedly asks for password update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wjay, Aug 22, 2015.

1. wjay Win User

Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does open and everything looks fine , Help anyone ?

:)

2. Repeatedly asking for password

I changed my microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When I open some apps like cortana, Windows feedback and so on it keeps on asking for password. It accepts the password but keeps on asking. What's the remedy?

Naseeb Irshadullah, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Repeatedly asking for password

Hi Naseeb,

Please run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it works.

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

•Corrupt Microsoft Account settings

•Can’t connect to the sync service

•Problems with Microsoft account Policy

•Microsoft Account required

•Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues

•Check for roaming GPO enabled status

•Problem with system registration

•Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled

•You are not connected to the Internet

•Proxy Settings

•You have reached your daily sync quote

•Sync your settings is turned off

•Check system not activated.

Refer to the following link to run the troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If the issue still persist, create a new Microsoft account and check if it works.

To create new Microsoft account refer the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please post us back with the results and we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin S, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

1. Mail app repeatedly asks for password update - Similar Threads - Mail app repeatedly

2. Password update in Mail app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password update in Mail app: It requires that I update a password. After update it requires update again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-update-in-mail-app/e9207b01-d963-4ff4-86a8-b2592256215a
  3. Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password: Hello. I have a button on my screen in the Mail app that says "Attention Required". I could not figure it out, even after I deleted and re-setup my email on it. I have my gmail on it, but can not get my main email on it. It also says "Sync Error" and my iCloud settings are...
  4. Repeatedly asked for microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeatedly asked for microsoft password: Hi, Every few minutes a toast notification pops up declaring that i need to fix my microsoft account. Sometimes this on the OS level but also when i use Office products. Despite entering my password and it being fixed, it wilol not be long before breaking again....
  5. Windows Mail app will not let me update password.

Windows Mail app will not let me update password.: I have the latest update to windows mail. I have all of the updates to Windows including the terrible one I cannot uninstall that crashes my system 5 times a day. With everything updated my work email password expired, so I reset it to a new password. Windows 10 mail does...
  6. Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

Windows Mail asking for password every now and then: Hello. I've got 4 accounts set up on the Windows 10 Mail app (2 GMail, 1 private, and 1 Outlook address). The first 3 addresses work fine, but about 2 months ago the app started asking me to enter my outlook password every few days. I tried to delete and recreate the...
  7. mail app password bug???

mail app password bug???: I added a new email to my windows 10 mail app. I already have 3 email accounts that work fine. The new account (it's an aol email) crashes and keeps asking me to "update my password". I do, repeatedly, and it keeps crashing and asking again. None of the suggested "fixes"...
  8. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  9. Cannot update email password in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot update email password in Mail app: I have had to change the password for one of my email accounts. I can now access it online but cannot update the password in my Desktop Mail app. The Fix and the Attention needed links no longer offer me the change password option, as they once did. How can I change the...
  10. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password: Office 2016 on Windows 10 build 1703. Outlook 2016 is repeatedly asking for my user name and password when running minimized. See screen shot. Things appear to work normally when running maximized. I used Outlook's Account Settings/Repair but that didn't help. Please...