Windows 10: mail app retains infos of deleted accounts

Discus and support mail app retains infos of deleted accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i added an email account for testing and then deleted it. now the deleted account is proposed for adding everytime i go in "add account" tab. i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pietro, Aug 27, 2015.

1. pietro Win User

mail app retains infos of deleted accounts

i added an email account for testing and then deleted it. now the deleted account is proposed for adding everytime i go in "add account" tab.

i deleted registry entries and credentials from control panel. no success.

is it possible to remove or it is a bug?!

thanks

:)

pietro, Aug 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail App - can I delete email from app but leave on server?

Windows 10 Mail App - can I delete email from app but leave on server?

I want to view all my email from multiple accounts in my Mail app but I want to delete some from the Mail app but not from the account where the email was pulled from. Can I clean up (remove excess) my Mail app view but retain any deleted email on the original
    email account server?

AngelaWiggins Personal, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Removing Windows Live Mail Account To Upgrade To 2016 Version

Hi,

Just to clarify, do you want to retain your Windows Live Mail account after upgrading to Outlook 2016? Or do you want to delete your email account but retain all the files on the account?

Looking forward to your response.

Ralph Sta, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

mail app retains infos of deleted accounts

1. mail app retains infos of deleted accounts - Similar Threads - mail app retains

2. deleting account info on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting account info on windows 10: i want close my account on micro soft only on this pc ! allso goole i dont want my password and personal info left on it, how do i do this with out deleting it from thier sites any help would be appricated. there other user that use pc i cant factory rest it....
  3. How to delete account from mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete account from mail app: I want to delete an account form the mail app but can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-account-from-mail-app/a3e78e98-d53a-47fc-b27b-b51adc44064c
  4. deleted mail app

deleted mail app: deleted mail app in windows 10 by mistake. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-mail-app/25ac6a57-5ca2-40ca-a2ff-76e8a716f47f
  5. Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info: I have a Windows 10 version 1903 laptop and am running Outlook with a Gmail account configured in it. Everyday when I startup the Laptop I will need to input my Google and Skype login information to have it log into these accounts. Each time I login to the Google account I...
  6. Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar

Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar: Hello, Is it possible to only uninstall/remove the Mail module of the Mail & Calendar app? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mail-app-retaining-calendar/5dd22bd1-3d54-4cff-b172-15dfdafb7811
  7. Delete gmail account from Mail app.

Delete gmail account from Mail app.: When setting up a new email address on Mail for Windows 10, I accidentally put in an unintendeed email gmail address. I would like to delete it, but can't see an option for this. Can someone help please?...
  8. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  9. Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account

Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  10. Delete E-Mail App account

Delete E-Mail App account: Hi, is there a way to reset the Mail-App completely? The problem is, when I want to add a new mail account, the mail app always shows me my microsoft account which i once added. Although I deleted this microsoft account from the mail app it appears when i want to add a new...