Windows 10: Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them

Discus and support Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 desktop has been running Mail app successfully for 2-3 months with 3 linked email accounts. Today, voila, only the live.com account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarenJackson, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them

Windows 10 desktop has been running Mail app successfully for 2-3 months with 3 linked email accounts. Today, voila, only the live.com account is active. Other 2 accounts show up in "manage accounts" settings, but won't link. Tried deleting email accounts, reinstalling email accounts, changing settings, rebooting, all no go. Any suggestions?

:)

MarenJackson, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Claw57 Win User
    Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Jul 6, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them

1. Mail App was working; now has dropped 2 accounts and won't link them - Similar Threads - Mail App was

2. Linking 2 accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 2 accounts.: I have 2 email accounts linked to myself. A Gmail and an Outlook. I thought at the time it was a good idea to eliminate spam from 'useful, wanted' emails and the shopping/spam stuff.Anyway, as things got more complicated and I got older and more forgetful, I find I have...
  3. Linking 2 accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking 2 accounts.: I have 2 email accounts linked to myself. A Gmail and an Outlook. I thought at the time it was a good idea to eliminate spam from 'useful, wanted' emails and the shopping/spam stuff.Anyway, as things got more complicated and I got older and more forgetful, I find I have...
  4. Windows 10 mail won't link to my ionos account

Windows 10 mail won't link to my ionos account: Hi all I've just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I've been trying for 3 days to get the Mail app to link to my Ionos email account but I keep getting the message that the account needs attention. I've checked all the passwords even changed them with...
  5. Linking iCloud account to mail app

Linking iCloud account to mail app: I recently purchased a PC and while setting up i attempted to setup my icloud account but the mail app says my settings are out of date. went through the steps suggested and setup two factor authenication but it was no help. anyone have suggestions?...
  6. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  7. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  8. links in mail account

links in mail account: Recently I am unable to open links from my windows mail how do I fix this- I can open them from the outlook.com website- but not from the windows mail app on my pc Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email...
  9. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: All of a sudden, the mail app is not synching. I get the usual message that "your Charter accounts are out of date". A box pops up asking for my password which I enter and save, I try to synch again and get the same results- an endless loop. I have run "sfc/scannow" and no...
  10. Mail app not working now

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not working now: My mail app worked for one day after upgrading from Win 8.1. Now I get a message that "my account needs to be updated or fixed". It asks for my password, which I put in, save, but mail still won't work. When I go into "Settings" and look at the password field there are twice...