Windows 10: Mail app will not open on 10041.

Discus and support Mail app will not open on 10041. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to 10041 the mail app was missing. Installation through the store failed with Event ID 214, AppReadiness Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adamf, Mar 18, 2015.

1. adamf Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

After upgrading to 10041 the mail app was missing. Installation through the store failed with Event ID 214, AppReadiness

Code: 'microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe' install failed for xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com. Error: 'To install this application you need either a Windows developer license or a sideloading-enabled system.' (0.8124167 seconds)[/quote] Following this guide I set Allow all trusted apps to install to enabled in Group policy and it installed OK but will not open. Event ID 5973 is seen in event viewer Code: Activation of app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.[/quote] and in TWinUI/Operational log is the error blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: 64. Code: Activation of the app microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: 64.[/quote] Any ideas what to try?

:)

adamf, Mar 18, 2015

2. Whenever my friend wants to file email in a folder, it scrolls str8 to the bottom. She's using Windows Communication apps.

There are some issues in Windows communication apps for those Windows 10 users that has Build 10041. Your friend might be affected by that issue.

You can try suggesting this link to your friend:

Here is how to fix Mail, Calendar, and People apps on Windows 10 Build 10041 - MSPoweruser

ScarletRoseFT, Mar 18, 2015
  3. Knead Jellp, Mar 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 18, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 18, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    To get it working you need to first remove Mail, Calendar and People app using an elevated PowerShell, see this post: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available - Page 7 - Windows 10 Forums.

When done go to the Windows Store (the "real" one with a green tile in Start Menu > All apps > S > Store (important: not the Store Beta)) and search for Mail, Calendar and People app and reinstall it.

Works like a charm *Smile.

7. adamf Win User
    Thanks all. I did a clean install, then Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online and then it re-installed fine.

Prior to the clean install it didn't work - perhaps the setting Allow all trusted apps to install to enabled in Group policy made it worse. Anyway, mail is working so I'm happy again *Smile

adamf, Mar 18, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

brink is always faster than a thought *Smile. My reply was unnecessary, Brink had already answered.

9. Great job guys and gals! This worked flawlessly, thanks.

play2mefish, Mar 19, 2015
  10. Perbear Win User
    Hello,
    I am new in this forum and found you because I have had the same problem on three of my machines. For one the work around worked, for the other two it has not worked. Maybe because there is a different bug in 10049? Anyway the work around described above does not work for me in 10049 (installed as an upgrade on the fast ring). I get an error code 800 73 cff in the green Store and the message This purchase can not be finsihed (or something similar) and the installation fails. Has a different issue been reported for the 10049 for the same app and a different work around that we ought to be aware of?

Perbear, Apr 5, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    I upgraded from 10041 to 10049 and had to repeat the same thing:

1. Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

2. *Start + R then type WSreset and press enter to reset and open the Green store.

3. Reinstall apps from the Green store that opens.

Perhaps the store reset is your missing step...

adamf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app will not open on 10041. - Similar Threads - Mail app open

2. Windows Mail app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app will not open: This morning when I went to check my email, the mail tile will not open. I click on it, there is a momentary pause showing the mail screen, and then.... nothing. I restarted the computer but still nothing. I didn't change any settings or do anything. The tile just stopped...
  3. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mail app is not opening: I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-app-is-not-opening/9b424bb4-5fae-4412-b42c-49c985a10d4f"
  4. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  5. mail app won't open

mail app won't open: My mail won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/mail-app-wont-open/3b0339c6-64af-4e8b-a721-60186a20a44e
  6. Mail App Wont Open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Wont Open: Has windows 10 mail app going for 4 weeks, but today I cannot even open it. I see a windows try to open then closes quickly. I've uninstalled using powershell then reinstalled from the windows 10 store, but same problem. any ideas? 46388
  7. SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app: Hello, I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked. How to make the SendTo...
  8. 10041 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10041 Not Updating: I had to do a clean install of Win 10 preview and used a 10041 version. It is installed an working (I'm entering this from Win 10) but it will not update to newer versions. I have it set for "Fast". There is no option to check for newer version. 5569
  9. No sound in 10041

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound in 10041: Would appreciate any help. Thanks 4771
  10. Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp)

Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp): Can anyone help, I have been having issues with apps locking/not loading? Suddenly today my Mail app will not open at all, just stuck on the splash screen. The Store app is also locking when checking for/downloading updates. I've had nothing but problems so far 13333