Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Discus and support Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM.

1. JohnGies2138 Win User

I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How do I stop this from occurring?

Thanks

:)

JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

4. Mel Tar Win User

Thema:

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please - Similar Threads - Mail APP disable

2. Use mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  3. Error code: 0x80070490 in Mail app whenever I try to add an account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code: 0x80070490 in Mail app whenever I try to add an account: So, whenever I click on "Add an account" and trying to add gmail/hotmail account, error message instantly pops up [ATTACH]...
  4. I can't believe my 4 years of archived emails have disappeared from the Mail App~

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't believe my 4 years of archived emails have disappeared from the Mail App~: I thought I was having trouble finding my archive email sometimes but today I checked everything and I have no archived email with the Mail app anymore. I purchased my pc with windows 10 last October, transferred all my emails and set up accounts with the Mail app. Quite...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app using high CPU to sync Google: This started a few months ago and I put on feedback but haven't heard anything. At any rate all of a sudden Windows 10 Mail is constantly using 30%+ CPU on my i7 Surface Book. It's killing the battery life and the fan annoying. Others appear to be having the same issue...
  6. Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.: Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/why-is-there-ads-in-my-inbox-in-the-windows-mail/0937f234-aa35-4bc3-9c7f-94038ca87748
  7. how to get rid of windows 10 mail spyware app?

how to get rid of windows 10 mail spyware app?: Ever since M$ started spying in on my emails by reading them and sending me ads based on my email content, I opened a gmail account, and now all that's left to to permanently get rid of the mail app, how do I do that? thanks...
  8. Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out): Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications. When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all? Despite the fact that it is already the default app! [img] [img] Any suggestions ? 100012
  9. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...
  10. How to disable typing animation on built-in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable typing animation on built-in Mail app?: I found this article on how to disable it, but it only seems to apply to Micosoft Office. Turn Off Office 2013s Distracting Typing Animation I find this typing animation in the Mail app to be extremely distracting! I can't type correctly with it because of how...