Windows 10: Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Discus and support Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018.

1. JohnGies2138 Win User

Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How do I stop this from occurring?

Thanks

:)

JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please - Similar Threads - Mail APP disable

2. Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app: When I open an email, I can't open links attached to emails, when I click on them. I am a member of windows insider program and just got a new build yesterday....
  3. Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App: I'm not able to open the Windows 10 Mail App. It says its there even though the icon doesn't show the envelope. I have ran updates and spoke to Microsoft but no one has gotten it to work. It just started doing this on Friday July 20, 2018. Up till then it has worked fine with...
  4. Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features: I installed Windows 10 Pro a week ago on a new PC and everything was fine. Today I moved all my data and installed a couple of applications - Lightroom, Quicken, etc. There hve been NO Windows update in a week. Suddenly I find that: - Right click on start menu does nothing...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Hello First real foray into the inbuilt Windows 10 Mail app, I have set up a POP3 account using advanced setup (because older Bigpond email accounts only do POP3). I've noticed however that the Windows 10 Mail would prefer to manage folders as if the account was IMAP. For...
  6. Windows 10 Mail APP

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail APP: I have turned on sound and banner for the Windows 10 Mail App but still can't get it to work. I get no banner or sound when the Action Center receives mail. 16352
  7. Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out): Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications. When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all? Despite the fact that it is already the default app! [img] [img] Any suggestions ? 100012
  8. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...
  9. window 10 mail app

in Browsers and Email
    window 10 mail app: How do I make the mail app receive all emails from different accounts load into 1 inbox? 69300
  10. Windows 10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App.: I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this right. I have just recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home and am wondering if there is any other email client in this OS other than the mail app? The app seems so very limited and I'm use to using Incredimail which I no longer want to use...