Windows 10: Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Discus and support Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How do I stop this from occurring?

Thanks

:)

JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Mel Tar, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please - Similar Threads - Mail APP disable

2. How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autocorrect/spell check in Windows 10 Mail app?: Hello,I'm happy with Windows 10 Mail app, although I can't find how I can disable spell check in Mail. I prefer having all Windows programs in English, but I write most of my E-mails in Dutch. While typing in Dutch, I get a lot of very annoying autocorrections.Under 'options'...
  3. How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app: The Mail app in Windows 10 is an easy way to access your email to send and receive emails from recipients and get a notification that you have received an email. Although the autocorrect and spellcheck features in the Windows 10 app help with your grammar, you can disable...
  4. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  5. Please help me with the Windows 10 Mail app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me with the Windows 10 Mail app.: So earlier when I used to send an email to myself on my Gmail account from the Windows 10 Mail app, it would show my correct name in the autofill bar as I would start typing my email address. But now my name is shown as "Gmail". This only happens on the Windows 10 mail app....
  6. Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable autocorrect in Windows 10 Mail app: I am aware that this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-disable-autocorrectspell-check-in-windows-10/69f4705f-cb8b-4a75-9d56-9733d8fc2dd2?auth=1 has the exact same question. But as many people have noted in it, the proposed...
  7. Completely disable autocapitalization in Windows 10 (specifically Mail app).

Completely disable autocapitalization in Windows 10 (specifically Mail app).: Dear community, I would like to know how do I disable autocapitalization in complete Windows 10 operating system. Specifically I am talking about capitalization checking in Windows Mail app but it also applies to Word and other apps in any way connected to Microsoft, thus I...
  8. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail: Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in Outlook 365 why in the world is Windows 10 popping up. I remove the email account that was listed but it is still opening. I...
  9. Disable mail app at Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable mail app at Windows 10: I keep receiving annoying URL pop ups when hovering over the links in the mail app. I want to stop them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-mail-app-at-windows-10/5146197c-496e-48da-bfa2-c50f57f1aa27
  10. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...