Windows 10: Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Discus and support Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

I sometimes will click a hyper link to send an email to someone. It always opens in the "Mail" App. I am paying for and prefer to use Outlook 2016. How do I stop this from occurring?

Thanks

:)

JohnGies2138, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

Mel Tar, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please

1. Mail APP Windows 10 disable it please - Similar Threads - Mail APP disable

2. How can I disable the Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the Mail app: I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser. Outlook offers a new email with the subject line taken from the web page and the link in it. Unfortunately, now that I have a...
  3. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail: Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in Outlook 365 why in the world is Windows 10 popping up. I remove the email account that was listed but it is still opening. I...
  4. Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail App: Disabling "Recent Contacts".: Is it possible to disable the function that automatically adds an additional version of a contact? The feature, as described, adds an additional version of contacts as I...well...contact them. I know where to add or subtract other ways of linking my contact list, but, I...
  5. Disable mail app at Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable mail app at Windows 10: I keep receiving annoying URL pop ups when hovering over the links in the mail app. I want to stop them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-mail-app-at-windows-10/5146197c-496e-48da-bfa2-c50f57f1aa27
  6. Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App: Does anyone know all the correct Incoming/outgoing server configurations, security requirements to be checked/not checked so I can configure my Netzero POP mail to work in the Windows10 Mail App. Using this apps auto creation....does NOT properly configure Netzero mail....
  7. Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features

Help Please - Windows 10 Disabled Features: I installed Windows 10 Pro a week ago on a new PC and everything was fine. Today I moved all my data and installed a couple of applications - Lightroom, Quicken, etc. There hve been NO Windows update in a week. Suddenly I find that: - Right click on start menu does nothing...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app: I am using the windows 10 mail app with my gmail account. When I receive a forwarded email the forwarded message does not show. It notes that there is an attachment but the attachment has no extension so I can not open it. When I go to my gmail account via Firefox the message...
  9. Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out): Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications. When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all? Despite the fact that it is already the default app! [img] [img] Any suggestions ? 100012
  10. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...