Windows 10: Mail app won't auto sync

Discus and support Mail app won't auto sync in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Mail app won't auto sync

My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails came through, it works. Apart from auto sync, I have it set to every 15 mins but it doesn't do it. If I launch the mail app later on it won't automatically pull in my new emails, I have to force a manual refresh all the time. I have changed the sync settings about but nothing makes it work. I googled around and some suggestions were to ensure privacy settings looked correct, which they are. Am I missing something obvious here? The mail app works but only on a manual refresh basis. Seems buggy to me

Cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015

2. mail

Is the auto sync on?

Open settings of Mail app>Accounts>Change sync settings>Change it to as soon as mail arrives.

For notifications,make sure quiet mode isn't on.

Also open settings>Notifications>Turn on banner and sounds for mail app.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 7, 2015
  3. pa49 Win User
    WiFi Email SMTP N95

If you keep the app running in the background it will auto updated, but, it won't punch you on the nose and say 'you got mail'!!!!!!!!!!

pa49, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Mail app won't auto sync

Yep the sync settings just don't work on any email accounts in the mail app and as a result the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? The same happens on my outlook.com acc and my BT internet ISP account. It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.

Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Mail app won't auto sync

1. Mail app won't auto sync - Similar Threads - Mail app won't

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  5. Mail app not syncing.

Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  6. e mail won't sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    e mail won't sync: One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails. Have deleted and reinstalled to no avail....
  7. Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App

Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App: Hi, My mail and calender suddenly stop syncing few days ago and i already enable scvhost.exe and let the outbound port through firewall. I also deleted, reset and re-register my account into the mail app and still is not working. Can anyone help with this issue? And I...
  8. Mail in Win10 won't sync

Mail in Win10 won't sync: Nothing has arrived yet ! I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and all the other suggestions, yet since this March 2019 my Mail won't sync! Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134 etc. Who can fix?...
  9. mail app sync

mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  10. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...