Windows 10: Mail app won't auto sync

Discus and support Mail app won't auto sync in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Mail app won't auto sync

My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails came through, it works. Apart from auto sync, I have it set to every 15 mins but it doesn't do it. If I launch the mail app later on it won't automatically pull in my new emails, I have to force a manual refresh all the time. I have changed the sync settings about but nothing makes it work. I googled around and some suggestions were to ensure privacy settings looked correct, which they are. Am I missing something obvious here? The mail app works but only on a manual refresh basis. Seems buggy to me

Cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015

2. mail

Is the auto sync on?

Open settings of Mail app>Accounts>Change sync settings>Change it to as soon as mail arrives.

For notifications,make sure quiet mode isn't on.

Also open settings>Notifications>Turn on banner and sounds for mail app.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 7, 2015
  3. pa49 Win User
    WiFi Email SMTP N95

If you keep the app running in the background it will auto updated, but, it won't punch you on the nose and say 'you got mail'!!!!!!!!!!

pa49, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Mail app won't auto sync

Yep the sync settings just don't work on any email accounts in the mail app and as a result the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? The same happens on my outlook.com acc and my BT internet ISP account. It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.

Scottyboy99, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Mail app won't auto sync

1. Mail app won't auto sync - Similar Threads - Mail app won't

2. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  3. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...
  4. Mail in Win10 won't sync

Mail in Win10 won't sync: Nothing has arrived yet ! I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and all the other suggestions, yet since this March 2019 my Mail won't sync! Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134 etc. Who can fix?...
  5. mail app sync

mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  6. cannot sync Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot sync Mail App: I cannot sync my Windows Mail App running on Windows 10 PC, version 1803 because I receive messages that the settings are out-of-date. I have email addresses on various boxes, including hotmail and gmail and really need to sync them...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't show synced Gmail inbox: I have added a Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app. The account shows when I go to Manage Accounts. But no matter what I do, the account does not show in the left pane. I cannot access or send any emails through this account from the app. I have changed the sync settings...
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Imported mail addresses won't sync

in Browsers and Email
    Imported mail addresses won't sync: Hi everyone. Does microsoft assume everyone is a computer wizard? I've finally managed to import my other email addresses into my mail app but no matter how many times I tweak the settings in privacy etc. I keep getting message "not synced yet". Does anyone know how I...
  10. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...