Windows 10: mail app won't open

Discus and support mail app won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mail won't open in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carolemumby, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mail app won't open

My mail won't open in windows 10

:)

carolemumby, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 10, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

mail app won't open

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

mail app won't open

1. mail app won't open - Similar Threads - mail app won't

2. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  3. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  4. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  5. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  6. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message: Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the conversation trail, but not the body of the email....
  7. Mail app won't start

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start: Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a local account. The local one is used infrequently so I don't know when problem started. The Microsoft account I use often and...
  8. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284
  9. Mail app won't load.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't load.: As of today, the Mail app, when opened just stays on the splash screen and doesn't load. Any fix for this? I would try to uninstall/reinstall but as far as I know, Windows won't let you do that with this particular app. 13366
  10. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail app in windows phone wont open