Windows 10: mail app won't open

Discus and support mail app won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mail won't open in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carolemumby, Jul 10, 2018.

1. carolemumby Win User

mail app won't open

My mail won't open in windows 10

:)

carolemumby, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 10, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

mail app won't open

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

mail app won't open

1. mail app won't open - Similar Threads - mail app won't

2. Mail and Calendar won't open or run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar won't open or run: The mail and calendar apps are shaded grey and will not open. I have troubleshot the problem to no avail. I used Powershell to uninstall and then reinstalled the apps. Once in the store, it says that the apps have already been installed. I recently updated to KB4346783....
  3. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  4. Mail app won't print

Mail app won't print: In the last couple of days the Mail app has stopped printing, probable since the recent app update. The problem occurs with Mail on both my desktop and tablet. It won't print to either of our two printers. The printers are working, both will print a test page. I can print an...
  5. Mail app won't start

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start: Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a local account. The local one is used infrequently so I don't know when problem started. The Microsoft account I use often and...
  6. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284
  7. Mail app won't load.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't load.: As of today, the Mail app, when opened just stays on the splash screen and doesn't load. Any fix for this? I would try to uninstall/reinstall but as far as I know, Windows won't let you do that with this particular app. 13366
  8. Universal Apps won't open

Universal Apps won't open: Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in...
  9. Windows Mail Won't Open Up

Windows Mail Won't Open Up: Hi Guys, I just wanna share what happened to my Windows Mail app today. This is on my Build 10586.318 (ver .1151). I wasn't using it for a while because I've been using the 14342 Preview build for the past weeks. But today when I boot up on it, my mail app suddenly stopped...
  10. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....