Windows 10: Mail app won't start

Discus and support Mail app won't start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dsmith888, Nov 16, 2015.

1. dsmith888 Win User

Mail app won't start

Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a local account. The local one is used infrequently so I don't know when problem started. The Microsoft account I use often and does not have this problem. Mail version is 17.6416.42001.0 Any suggestions. Would like to avoid a reinstall of mail app if possible.

:)

dsmith888, Nov 16, 2015

2. mail & calendar app

I cannot open my mail app in the taskbar. Also, in the start, tried clicking the mail icon and it won't open up my mail. There's no unstill list in the mail.

MYHAWAIILC LIVEMIRCOR, Nov 16, 2015
  3. outlook icon on bing

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooom!

That is the new mail app in Windows 10. You won't launch it from Bing.com. It will be necessary to add the additional accounts.

When you're finished adding accounts, close the app.

Click on Start > You should see Mail app in your Start Menu

If you don't see it, type Mail

Mail (trusted Windows Store App) should appear > Right click > Select Pin to Start

Right click on the App > Select Pin To Taskbar

You'll see the icon appear in the taskbar right of Edge browser icon. You may then click on the icon to Launch the mail app.

Smittychat., Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Mail app won't start

1. Mail app won't start - Similar Threads - Mail app won't

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't start anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start anymore: Hi everyone. Since this morning, my Windows 10 Mail app won't start anymore. I am sure that until yesterday everything was fine and nothing changed in the meantime, so it's really strange. I click on it and nothing happens. What can I do? Thank you! 159471
  4. Mail app won't start anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't start anymore: Hi everyone. Since this morning, my Windows 10 Mail app won't start anymore. I am sure that until yesterday everything was fine and nothing changed in the meantime, so it's really strange. I click on it and nothing happens. What can I do? Thank you! 159471
  5. Mail app won't print

Mail app won't print: In the last couple of days the Mail app has stopped printing, probable since the recent app update. The problem occurs with Mail on both my desktop and tablet. It won't print to either of our two printers. The printers are working, both will print a test page. I can print an...
  6. mail app won't open

mail app won't open: My mail won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/mail-app-wont-open/3b0339c6-64af-4e8b-a721-60186a20a44e
  7. Mail app won't load.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't load.: As of today, the Mail app, when opened just stays on the splash screen and doesn't load. Any fix for this? I would try to uninstall/reinstall but as far as I know, Windows won't let you do that with this particular app. 13366
  8. Mail app won't auto sync

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't auto sync: My mail app won't auto sync in Windows 10. I am logged in with my windows ID but my mail I primarily use is from my ISP. So I set it up and all emails came through, it works. Apart from auto sync, I have it set to every 15 mins but it doesn't do it. If I launch the mail app...
  9. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....
  10. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...