Windows 10: Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

Discus and support Mail applet in Control Panel will not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Outlook 2016 installed. When I try to open the mail applet in Control Panel nothing happens. I have reinstalled Office twice and this is a fresh... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017.

1. QT Pro Win User

Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

I have Outlook 2016 installed. When I try to open the mail applet in Control Panel nothing happens. I have reinstalled Office twice and this is a fresh Win 10 install.

Any ideas how to solve this please?

:)

QT Pro, Aug 23, 2017

2. Control Panel's Mail applet gone

Jay - If I press the Windows key and type "Outlook", Outlook launches normally.

I believe what you meant to ask was what happens if I type "Outlook.exe /profiles". The Mail Control Panel applet is obviously accessible that way (via the profiles dialog box), but that's not the issue. Also, I understand that the applet isn't actually
    gone, but rather it is no longer accessible/installed correctly as an icon in the Control Panel, and my original question was regarding advice as to how to get it back. In the past, a Repair of Office solved this problem, but not in this case.

Bob

Bob Manjoney, Aug 23, 2017
  3. Control Panel's Mail applet gone

Jay, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not talking about an app, Outlook or otherwise, but rather, the mail "applet" that is accessible via the legacy Control Panel that is used to manage mail accounts and profiles in Outlook desktop application.

Bob Manjoney, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

Hi QT Pro.

Have you used Outlook yet, that is set up an account?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
  5. QT Pro Win User
    Hi Ken,

Outlook 2016 has been running for several days now and is my default email program. In fact, in the Control Panel the applet says "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)".

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Okay. Just want to make sure.

Not that it should matter but what do you want to accomplish in applet, maybe there is another route?

One other route that does seem to get things working, generally, is the in place repair and upgrade process.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

This will upgrade your system to the Creator Update v1703, just FYI.

I would make a full data backup just as a safety measure.

Have you tried the repair process within Office?

Ken

7. QT Pro Win User
    I appreciate the suggestion Ken however I do not want the Creator Update at this time as many people with the same machine as mine have complained it caused serious problems with gaming.

I have not tried the repair process within Office but that's only because I have been unable to locate it. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction? The version I am using is 2016 Professional Plus v16.0.8201.2102.

QT Pro, Aug 24, 2017
  8. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

9. QT Pro Win User
    Sorry for the delay in my reply but the whole thing went horribly wrong.

First I tried the quick repair option but that said no errors were found so I went for the full repair option. All that did was uninstall the complete Office suite so I used system restore to get it back again. Windows 10 then decided I was never going to be able to use the internet again because although I ostensively had a connection and troubleshooter could connect to microsoft.com (but not via any browser), I could not reach any other site nor get my mail.

In total panic, because this PC is used for business, I reinstalled Windows, all my drivers, and Office and still the mail applet will not open. I'm convinced something is seriously wrong with Win 10.

As I said, this PC is used for business so I have since reinstalled my main programs and recovered all data from my backups. I think I will just have to accept defeat in this case but thanks very much for all your help anyway Ken.

QT Pro, Aug 26, 2017
  10. Okay and understood. That said what did you want to do in applet. Maybe there is an alternate route.

Another place to ask the question is slipstick.com.

All Outlook all the time.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  11. QT Pro Win User
    Someone on Microsoft's help forum told me that unless the mail applet would open it meant my Office installation was corrupt but as I have remarked, it isn't Office that is the cause of all this nonsense.

The reason I wanted to open the applet was to view the properties of my profile (his idea, not mine). My exact goal is to get all my mail accounts from Outlook 2007 on my older Win 7 based PC and transfer them to Outlook 2016 because the latter refuses to allow me to use the same login address more than once whereas Outlook 2007 would. That probably sounds a bit weird so to clarify, I operate several domains each of which has its own contact address. These get redirected to one of 2 primary addresses supplied by my ISP (Orange.fr). So, the customer sees and sends mail to the contact address of the site he is visiting and I reply from one of my Orange addresses except that he still sees the mail as coming from the site's contact address and the reply address of the mail he receives is the same. In other words, the Orange address is invisible.

Like I said, this was always possible with Outlook 2007 but 2016 won't allow it so my thinking is to export the registry entry of my profile from 2007 then somehow modify the paths to the correct folders (I have yet to discover if that is even possible?).

Would you recommend me to take this to slipstick.com anyway?

QT Pro, Aug 27, 2017
  12. I would think they would have more knowledge around registry.

I think I'm understanding what you are trying to do, still a little fuzzy.

May I ask why you are using the forwarding? Could you not add the two individual contact address (individual accounts in Outlook 2016, all showing in one profile) and then just reply to each account as they contact you.

I'm pretty sure you can reply from each account with the appropriate reply address or you can override so they all come from one, which you wouldn't want.

Caledon Ken, Aug 28, 2017
  13. QT Pro Win User

I regret I didn't understand your last sentence Ken. But to answer your question about forwarding, I had Outlook 2007 setup with basically a single Profile whose inbox was divided into many sub-folders. Some were common such as Purchases, Expenditure, Advertising, Suppliers, Accountancy, Taxes, Customs, Sent items, etc. Others were unique to each company and this is where I risk confusing you...

You see I run several different companies but they are all subsidiaries of one main one. What they have in common is I am the owner so purchases and expenditure should not be separated between them as a single tax declaration is made for all in my name. Nonetheless, I had sub-folders for each company under which were further sub-folders for items that had to be kept separate, i.e. Sales, Info requests, Warranty claims, Testimonials, Marketing, etc.

My goal was to get ALL mail into the one inbox, read and deal with it, then file it in its respective folder. The last thing I need is a load of separate accounts each with its own inbox and duplicate folders, hence getting each address to forward to one of 2 addresses on my ISP's service. You might be wondering "Why 2 addresses?" This was so that personal mails would go to one address while business mails would go to the other.

Like I said, Outlook 2016 won't allow me to do that and this morning I find myself in a rather embarrassing position because I have to confirm delivery of a product from an address that has absolutely nothing to do with the company the customer purchased from. To make matters worse, there is a strong possibility that the customer will designate the confirmation mail as spam because he won't recognize the sender.

If I could go back to Outlook 2007 I would but it won't work with Windows 10 as it was designed before scaling and HTML5 were released.

I have attached an example of what I need to achieve and although Outlook 2016 will permit that, it will only allow it for one single address using orange.fr to send mail through. Outlook 2007 allowed an unlimited amount of addresses using the same sending address (note the difference between sending address and sender/reply to addresses.

QT Pro, Aug 28, 2017
  14. Thanks for explaining.

I guess where I was going was having the seperate accounts for each company and then if you want to keep some combined you would move them in your Personal folders.

This is what I do but my individual account, mine use IMAP. When mail comes in I respond from that account or file in sub folders for the account, being IMAP they replicate to server. When an item comes in that I want for multiple resaons I move to my Personal folders, those that are part of pst file extension.

My last sentence in previous post. I'm pretty sure you can set outlook up to always respond from an account or from the account you are in.

I hope the gang at Slipstick can help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 28, 2017
  15. QT Pro Win User
    How do I get "the gang at Slipstick" to help please Ken?
    I was on her site and it appears she hires herself out at $100/hr.
    Have I missed something?

QT Pro, Aug 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open - Similar Threads - Mail applet Control

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. Control Panel will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  4. Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  5. Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?: I've been trying to find the Devices and Printers control panel applet but can't find it anywhere by search or by directly typing it in in Explorer. I'm on Version 2004, was it removed recently? submitted by /u/tgp1994 [link] [comments]...
  6. No language applet in control panel windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No language applet in control panel windows 10: I have no language applet in my control panel in windows 10 system. How can i create it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-applet-in-control-panel-windows-10/aca2d34a-52eb-4111-9bc2-e37390774da4
  7. Control Panel Applets (Category View)

Control Panel Applets (Category View): Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone knows where or how I can get hold of the CLSID (GUIDs) for the Control Panel Applets in Category View in the image below: [img] Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. Regards, Andrew 139570
  8. Control Panel Applets' CLSID

Control Panel Applets' CLSID: Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the CLSIDs / GUIDs for the following applets in Control Panel: [img] [img] Mail Flash Player (32-bit) In addition, I would be extremely appreciative if you can advise how I can go about looking up an applet's GUID. Thank you, 129455
  9. The Mail Applet in Control Panel

The Mail Applet in Control Panel: Hello Guys, Quick one: Any idea what the CLSID for the Mail applet in Control Panel is? [ATTACH] In case it is relevant, I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, YanAndrew...
  10. Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons

Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons: Hello Guys, I am having some problems with the following: 1. I'm unable to change the Mail applet icon in the control panel even after I've pointed its registry key to the desired icon. It just wouldn't change. 2. I'm unable to find the Flash Player (32-bit) GUID....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail applet will not open