Windows 10: Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU

Discus and support Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The windows app will not launch when accessed. Below is what I get: [img] I go to the store as directed and get this: [img] Then I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josey Wales, May 13, 2017.

1. Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU

The windows app will not launch when accessed. Below is what I get:

Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU [​IMG]

I go to the store as directed and get this:

Then I get this over and over and over:

I ran Sfc /SCANNOW and the results are below

The only way to repair this is to do what I did in the store. If this was any other app I would not care. I seem to have a need for this one. Any Help would be appreciated.

:)

Josey Wales, May 13, 2017
  2. devjlanza Win User

Windows calendar and mail missing in notification settings

Hi,
    I'm using Windows 10 Education CU and I'm trying to configure the notifications for calendar and mail apps in windows 10 but they doesn't show up in "Settings -> Notification & Actions -> Get notifications from this senders.
    The mail and calendar app are enabled to work in background and are installed and properly configured.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

devjlanza, May 13, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows Live Calendar

Sounds like you're using hotmail account on WLMail/Calendar, if so then your account must've been upgraded to the new sync protocol & threfore WL Calendar/Mail will no longer sync emails, contacts & calendar.

There is no fix other than using the inbuilt win 10 calendar app or another compatible calendar app.

Time Lady, May 13, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU

try uninstalling with powershell
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

then goto store and reinstall HTH

jl2509, May 13, 2017
  5. What is HTH?

6. jl2509 Win User
    *Smile Hope this Helps

then goto store and reinstall mail

HTH

jl2509, May 13, 2017
  7. The same process as described in The OP starts all over again -SDTH

8. jl2509 Win User

To be clear, you uninstalled using the command line get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage and then reinstalled the mail app from the store?

Have you tried Settings, Apps, select the Mail app, advanced settings, Reset?

jl2509, May 13, 2017
  9. Yes and I have just completed an in place repair upgrade and when it restarted I had a Black screen. I am now back on Build 14393.1198. I wish I never heard of Windows 10.

Josey Wales, May 14, 2017
  10. i will second the suggestion to go settings, apps, advanced and reset. That has fixed non launching native MS apps for us a few times. Unfortunately I find the modern apps and store to be the most unpredictable aspect of windows 10. Personally I have also seen and heard of some unpredictable outcomes with powershell method that I would steer clear of it.

if reset fails and you have system restore enabled try restoring to a time when you know the mail app was working. I really hosed up all the native apps a long time ago, it was actually a powershell method that made things far worse, but i had a restore point from before things went belly up and luckily it brought everything to rights.

Scottyboy99, May 14, 2017
  11. Try reading through a thread before making attempts to try something that I already did. When you see a green check mark on the thread it also means that it is solved or the OP wants no more help with the matter.

Mail Calendar App in Win 10 CU Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Josey Wales, May 14, 2017
  12. I hope you enjoyed publicly admonishing me. Personally any response I get to something solved or otherwise I always appreciate. Anyway you will note that your response appeared whilst I was spending a long time typing on a smartphone to try and help you. So basically my reply crossed over with yours. I sincerely apologise for any aggravation and upset this has caused and will be more careful in the future!

Scottyboy99, May 14, 2017
  13. PJLLB Win User

I'm with Scottyboy99 on this point. I thought the word "Solved" (which is the category for a topic thread that produces the green checkmark) means "solved" and not that the "OP wants no more help with the matter" in which case it would be polite for the OP to explicitly state the solution or that they've given up trying to find one.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar App

2. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  3. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  4. Win 10 Mail and Calendar app

Win 10 Mail and Calendar app: 2 problems relating to Yahoo mail account in "Mail and Calendar" app:1. Some emails appear in a format that is larger than the given viewable area and cannot be viewed in their entirety. Is there a way to reconfigure these emails to fit the available space?2. Some emails...
  5. Win 10 Mail and Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail and Calendar app: 2 problems relating to Yahoo mail account in "Mail and Calendar" app:1. Some emails appear in a format that is larger than the given viewable area and cannot be viewed in their entirety. Is there a way to reconfigure these emails to fit the available space?2. Some emails...
  6. Mail and calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar app: Hi For the last two weeks notifications have been broken in the mail and calendar app. They only pop up when I open the app - which kind of defeats the purpose of push notifications I guess. Have tested the app on a spare laptop - it does the same thing. Is this a known issue...
  7. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  8. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  9. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Get-AppxPackage allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage