Windows 10: Mail & Calendar Issues

Discus and support Mail & Calendar Issues in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I usually help my elderly mother out when she has problems with her computer but this time I have no clue what could be going on here. She... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tss01, Mar 7, 2016.

1. tss01 Win User

Mail & Calendar Issues

Hello,

I usually help my elderly mother out when she has problems with her computer but this time I have no clue what could be going on here. She can't get her MAIL or CALENDAR programs to work. If you click on the icon, nothing happens at all. I tried everything I could think of but no good. This seems so unusual to me. BTW, she has Windows 10 Home installed. She is not a member of the Insiders Program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

tss01, Mar 7, 2016
  2. Pete{M} Win User

Windows 10 Outlook Showing "Not Synced Yet"

My issue was caused because I had changed the default Privacy Settings in Win10 Pro x32.

Found that by changing Settings -> Privacy ->

Contacts: App connector & Mail and Calendar from off to on.

Calendar: App connector & Mail and Calendar from off to on.

Email: Mail and Calendar on

Starting the Mail App that came with Win10.

I can now read my MS account email without seeing "Not Synced Yet"

Hope this helps.

Pete{M}, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Transferring email address's

Hi Martyn,

Are you referring to mail app?

If you are referring to Mail app I suggest you to follow the below link and check.

You may refer to the below article to troubleshoot Sync issues with Mail app.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10
    Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Please let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Mail & Calendar Issues

I have 2 suggestions :

Method #1.................A troubleshooting method.
    Run system file check to look for corrupt files.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If report is #2. Go check if mail can be opened now.
    If report is #3, please post back.

Method #2.................................. uninstall Mail and Calendar and then reinstall from Windows Store.
    Use this tutorial :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Go to Option Two
    Scroll to (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use the command.
    After uninstall, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  5. tss01 Win User
    Hi,

I tried Method #1 and got "No Integrity Violation." I will wait until I go visit them this weekend. My original plan was to have them use Outlook 2016 instead of the built-in mail program.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Bruce

tss01, Mar 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Using Outlook 2016 is the best choice over the Mail app........... any time.
    Far far far more superior except that Outlook is expensive.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  7. tss01 Win User
    Luckly I was able to get a copy of Office Pro Plus 2016 for $20!! Sometimes it actually pays to be a government employee.

Thanks,

Bruce

tss01, Mar 8, 2016
  8. OvrilPT Win User

Mail & Calendar Issues

Hi, I have the same problem and When I did the Method #1 it gave me the 3rd report, can you help?

OvrilPT, Apr 3, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    RE : Found corrupt files but unable to repair

In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If you get the error " Source files could not be found ",
    post back. There is a fix for that.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  10. OvrilPT Win User
    It gave me that error "Source files could not be found "

OvrilPT, Apr 3, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Use the Tech Bench below and download your version of Windows 10 iso file
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

> press Enter.

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  12. OvrilPT Win User
    I did that and it gave me the same error as before " Source files could not be found ", unless I did something wrong (I even tried two times) this didn't work for me :/

OvrilPT, Apr 4, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Mail & Calendar Issues

2 areas you need to check....................

1. Did you download the same Windows edition your computer is running? That includes Language and bit-version.
    2. Did you use the driver letter where the iso is mounted ?

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

If your iso is mounted on drive E, then you need to replace H with E.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Which Windows 10 version do you have ?
    10240 or 10586 ?
    To find out, in the search bar, type winver > press Enter key.

Here is mine...................

Mail & Calendar Issues [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  15. OvrilPT Win User
    Yes I did that, Windows 64bit Portuguese, and yes I've changed the drive letter (D: in my case)

OvrilPT, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Mail & Calendar Issues

1. Mail & Calendar Issues - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Issues

2. Mail and Calendar app issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar app issue: Something about my luck with MS answers. They never seem to work for me on mine. Mail & Calendar always worked. Then one day I clicked on it, it opened, and almost immediately it disappeared. I read up on solutions and I've RESET it. UNINSTALLED it. Tried to reinstall it from...
  3. Mail and calendar Reinstallation issue

Mail and calendar Reinstallation issue: while reinstalling mail and calendar app from Microsoft store, it shows that ur device is not compitable. Please suggest the solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-reinstallation-issue/7fd1167b-130b-4c5e-ad17-426431995923
  4. Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail & Calendar: Windows 10 -- Mail and Calendar are not working. Updating message has been running for 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-calendar/2e36b1a5-95e6-4bf4-b4ab-ac3ef20b7135
  5. Mail & Calendar Issues with outlook.com

Mail & Calendar Issues with outlook.com: Over the last week or so Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 has been having the following problems for me: 1) Focused Inbox no longer an option for my live.com account 2) Changing colors in an outlook.com calendar in the Windows 10 Calendar app does not persist. 3) The...
  6. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  7. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  8. Calendar and mail app issues

Calendar and mail app issues: Hello ! I'm currently trying to set the mail app of W10 to read my Gmail mailbox but after configure, the app doesn't find any elements to show... Does anyone managed to configure a Gmail account into the mail app of W10 successfully ? Is there something special to do ?...
  9. Mail and calendar update available BUT there is an issue

Mail and calendar update available BUT there is an issue: There is a new mail and calendar update being offered on the store. But everytime I click to download it, it completes but then gets offered again immediately. So it seems to be screwed. The apps still work but the update keeps re-appearing. Anyone else having same issue?...
  10. Mail & Calendar

Mail & Calendar: New version Of Mail & Calendar App available from Windows 10 Store You may find when you to Store that it is ready to be downloaded A notice may come up to close it and download it again That is what I did and it went in ok 41466