Windows 10: Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice

Discus and support Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have a GMX e-mail address which I added as an "other" account in the Mail app. However, I also have a Google Calendar connected to this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mfux9ao3, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mfux9ao3 Win User

Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice

Hi,

I have a GMX e-mail address which I added as an "other" account in the Mail app. However, I also have a Google Calendar connected to this account.

As an "other" account, I cannot see my Google calendar in the calendar app. If I add the account as a "Google" account, then it does not sync my e-mail.

"Other" accounts have no accessible settings for the calendar it seems, while "Google" accounts have the ability to change the incoming and outgoing mail servers, but the lack of options for enabling/disabling SSL means I cannot access my e-mails. After a few minutes of attempting to sync mail with the updated e-mail settings, I get the error code 0x80048822, but searches return practically no information.

Hope somebody would be able to shed some light on the situation here. Would be great to be able to view my Google calendar belonging to my GMX account, rather than having to add the account twice!

Thanks a lot!

:)

mfux9ao3, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

Where is the Sync button in Windows 10 calendar?

Rey Cam did you read the OP?

I said:

"Please don't reply with a cut and paste answer with instructions for something else like changing the computers time and date, or doing something in mail. "

I'm not using Win 10 Mail. I'm using the Calendar. I know that installing Calendar also installs Mail but I can't use the Mail.

Windows 10 thinks that all Google Calendar accounts are Gmail accounts. My Google account is linked to my gmx mail. Under Calendar accounts, the account has the option to turn the slider on or off for Mail, Calendar or People. I'm only using Calendar
    so I just turn the slider on for Calendar only.

If I turn on the slider for mail it tries to Sync the Google account as a Gmail account, when it’s linked to gmx. It accepts my log in, but within seconds of creating the account the calendar heading says “Your Gmail account settings are out of date”

But I didn’t add a Gmail account. I added a Google account. They’re two different things.

If I try to “Fix Account” it just sends me into an endless loop of re-signing in to the same account. It goes into “Fixing Account” mode, but it doesn’t fix the problem. It just goes back to the calendar saying “Your Gmail account settings are out
    of date”

The settings for my Google Calendar account and the linked gmx mail account are not out of date.

So to fix it I disable the Mail sync.

So it allows me to have the slider on for Calendar only – as it should. Then, as mentioned in the OP under "Sync contacts and calendars" it allows me to select the manual sync option.

So think about that for a second.

You can select Calendar only, and set it to manually sync. That is within the Account's own setting. But then there is no Sync button to allow that manual sync to actually happen. If you’re saying that it is impossible
    to manually sync the Calendar alone, then why are there settings that would allow you to set the Calendar only for manual sync, without enabling Mail???

Teemosan, Jul 29, 2015
  3. larkim Win User
    Calendar Sync Problems with OVI?

This solution may not suit everyone, but I use Mail For Exchange alongside a gmail account and sync between calendar and contacts there works beautifully. I also use the Google Calendar Sync tool to sync my work Outlook calendar with my gmail calendar,
    and hey presto I have outlook calendar, google calendar and phone calendar all in sync together.

Matt

larkim, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice

1. Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar non

2. Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar is opening now but can't add Google account: The past few days my Calendar app wouldn't open. Now that bug has been fixed, and it's opening again. However, it dumped all my synced accounts. When I try to add my Google account, I get the following message:*******Something went wrong We're sorry, but we weren't able to do...
  3. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  4. Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar: Hi,When I try to add my Gmail account to Windows Mail/Calendar I get "We couldn't find your settings", error code: 0x80070490.I'm running Windows 10 20H2 on a brand new Surface Pro 6 I just set up today. All updates have been installed, including for Windows apps. I've tried...
  5. Google account not working in Mails and Calendar

Google account not working in Mails and Calendar: I have a Google account I want to use in the Mail and Calendar App. I can add it, but it doesn't work. In the Mails, no emails will sync. In the Calendar, there is no item under this account, which is not possible as shown in the screen shot. The account adding process goes...
  6. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  8. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  9. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  10. Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts

Mail and Calendar crash and no ability to add accounts: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 (home) for a while and I know my way around generally. Today, I'm having a weird issue with Mail and Calendar apps as both started to crash without any apparent reason. I tried to remove them (using powershell) and reinstalled from Store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add non-gmail calendar and mail to google