Windows 10: Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption

Discus and support Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm looking for a mail client that encrypts not only my mail ids and passwords but also downloaded messages. Possibly with mail-to-mail end encryption.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kuba67, May 9, 2017.

1. kuba67 Win User

Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption

I'm looking for a mail client that encrypts not only my mail ids and passwords but also downloaded messages. Possibly with mail-to-mail end encryption. It would be even better if the application was open-source. Is there anything like that or is it too much for my expectations?

I know that thunderbird encrypts my passwords and its enigmail plugin enables pgp usage but it doesn't encrypt downloaded data so even when the attacker doesn't know my gmails data, he/she can still access all the storage that was downloaded from the server previously.

:)

kuba67, May 9, 2017

2. Standard E-Mail client and security

Currently I use the standard e-mail client that came with the N82 to handle e-mail.

I connect to Wifi at home and to GPRS on the road.

I use e.g. a Yahoo mail account. Yahoo SMTP/POP3 does not support any encryption. So I wonder, when I check my mail, will the passwords be blown plain text into the air?

pinguin74---01, May 9, 2017
  3. fuqqer Win User
    Installation and setup on N97

I went to email.nokia.com and signed up for nokia messaging.

I then went to email.nokia.com from my n97 and downloaded the messaging client and installed it as requested.

I went into applications and started the "E-mail setup" program and it asks for an email address and password.

I give the client my email address and password, and it says, mailbox set up in messaging folder.

Now I just see the mailbox in my old messaging client. If I open the email program with the red @ symbol for an icon, it just takes me into an email setup dialogue again.

grrr...how do I install the updated messaging client?

Thanks.

fuqqer, May 9, 2017
Thema:

Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption

1. Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption - Similar Threads - Mail Client Downloaded

2. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...: I've been finding a number of postings for this problem, enough to make me feel the issue is more wide-spread than one might have thought.Client uses a management application to track billable time and to send invoices to clients. Often no, not always, when she tried to send...
  3. Mail client selection.

Mail client selection.: Hi, I still use Word 2007 as it does everything I need, however when I want to "send" a document to someone, it always starts up Windows Live Mail, however I don't use that, I just use the "Mail" app in Win 10. I have looked at the registry under...
  4. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  5. Email client built into Windows10 will not accept AOL mail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email client built into Windows10 will not accept AOL mail password: This link lists the problem I'm having, but I still cannot fix it. Why would their email client work for one aol account and not a different aol account? That doesn't make any sense. It says something about it being out of date?????...
  6. Problems with Mail Client

Problems with Mail Client: I have been using several email accounts via my windows 10 mail server without any issues. Today however I am unable to send emails from my hotmail account. I can type and send the emails but I get the following into my inbox. Delivery has failed to these recipients...
  7. Mail program will not download messages

Mail program will not download messages: Initially I could not get Mail to work at all. I followed Microsoft recommendations and deleted the App and downloaded it again from the Microsoft store. I got the emails showing up with my internet provider but it says to download message and pics. I have tried all...
  8. Client with rectot file encryption.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Client with rectot file encryption.: some time ago I found the client with the case of the rectot file encrypted and really made it difficult for us with documents that couldn't be opened. Is there a solution for that in the future * Original title: Is Windows Essential strong enough to be an handle viruses ,...
  9. I keep getting this message about no default mail client.

I keep getting this message about no default mail client.: What do I do about this message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."...
  10. Windows Mail Client

Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda