Windows 10: Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?

Discus and support Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I HAD in my People Address Book a contact John Smith xy@gmail.com mail sent using this addess bounced and realised using incorrect address Now... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjcactus, Jan 13, 2018.

1. pjcactus Win User

Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?

I HAD
    in my People Address Book a contact John Smith xy@gmail.com
    mail sent using this addess bounced and realised using incorrect address

Now deleted L: xy@gmail.com from People Address Book and replaced with correct address

..so now I HAVE John Smith yx@gmail.com
    Thats all fine but when start a new email and start typing John Smith am shown both xy...and yx ..to choose from!

How to stop the pesky xy address popping up?

Thanks,

Pete

:)

pjcactus, Jan 13, 2018
  2. Coynegen Win User

Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

When sending mail with the Windows 10 app, I cannot see how to bring up a address book or people to fill in the To: line. It will autocomplete the address but I need an address book.

Coynegen, Jan 13, 2018
  3. Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

When sending mail with the Windows 10 app, I cannot see how to bring up a address book or people to fill in the To: line. It will autocomplete the address but I need an address book.

GailMassad, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Try this, see if works:

[youtube]kq0-fZd0xpI[/youtube]

Edwin, Jan 14, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    It's not quite same in the Windows 10 Mail App, if you follow the same method it does not work. Indeed nothing seems to work, the wrong entries are permanently stuck there in the autocomplete list.
    Send feedback to MS.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4e77926?auth=1

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name? - Similar Threads - Mail Address Book

2. How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?: Hi All I've just successfully built and set up a new PC for the first time. The thing I have not been able to do is transfer my wife's Windows 10 Mail address book (or whatever it's called now) from the old PC to the shiny new one . I cannot seam to find any coherent help on...
  3. address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  4. how to manage my address book on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to manage my address book on windows 10: I am getting more frustrated with each attempt trying to find my address book on Windows 10.. It desperately needs updating. Where or where is it hiding it on my PC? Never had the problem using earlier versions. Some help instructions tell me to use a down arrow in the left...
  5. Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book: I have a very strange issue with the Windows 10 Mail Address Book (People). I made an error in an entry (reversed two numbers). I selected Edit and corrected the entry. Then when I entered the first letter in a new email, BOTH addresses appeared and I had to choose the...
  6. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  7. How are can you adjust the email address line in MAIL > PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How are can you adjust the email address line in MAIL > PEOPLE: I have a problem with the MS “PEOPLE” (email address part program), so let me give an example on my unsolved problem. Say I have an email address entry shown in the PEOPLE list of email addresses as: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as the display under the...
  8. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...
  9. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...
  10. Work around for those that require address book in mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Work around for those that require address book in mail: As the new mail has no visible address book this is what I am now doing so that I have a visible address book when emailing, first download Mozilla as it has a multitude of add ons & apps then in the add on select X-notifier the envelope emblem will be in the top task bar...