Windows 10: Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?

Discus and support Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I HAD in my People Address Book a contact John Smith xy@gmail.com mail sent using this addess bounced and realised using incorrect address Now... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjcactus, Jan 13, 2018.

1. pjcactus Win User

Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?

I HAD
    in my People Address Book a contact John Smith xy@gmail.com
    mail sent using this addess bounced and realised using incorrect address

Now deleted L: xy@gmail.com from People Address Book and replaced with correct address

..so now I HAVE John Smith yx@gmail.com
    Thats all fine but when start a new email and start typing John Smith am shown both xy...and yx ..to choose from!

How to stop the pesky xy address popping up?

Thanks,

Pete

:)

pjcactus, Jan 13, 2018
  2. Coynegen Win User

Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

When sending mail with the Windows 10 app, I cannot see how to bring up a address book or people to fill in the To: line. It will autocomplete the address but I need an address book.

Coynegen, Jan 13, 2018
  3. Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

When sending mail with the Windows 10 app, I cannot see how to bring up a address book or people to fill in the To: line. It will autocomplete the address but I need an address book.

GailMassad, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Try this, see if works:

[youtube]kq0-fZd0xpI[/youtube]

Edwin, Jan 14, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    It's not quite same in the Windows 10 Mail App, if you follow the same method it does not work. Indeed nothing seems to work, the wrong entries are permanently stuck there in the autocomplete list.
    Send feedback to MS.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4e77926?auth=1

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name? - Similar Threads - Mail Address Book

2. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.: Today I updated new MS update.then this happened: I sent an email to someone new. But I could not add her to my PEOPLE contacts in Mail for windows. What's going on?? I cant even access my address book. it i click on people icon and it goes blank. the email I sent to her came...
  3. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.: Today I updated new MS update.then this happened: I sent an email to someone new. But I could not add her to my PEOPLE contacts in Mail for windows. What's going on?? I cant even access my address book. it i click on people icon and it goes blank. the email I sent to her came...
  4. how can I access my people in Mail for windows I cant find any names or address book.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Help with Windows 10 Mail and People e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Windows 10 Mail and People e-mail addresses: For some reason that neither my wife nor I understand, e-mails that she forwards to me from her Android phone show the Sender as "My Info." Now when I begin to address an e-mail to her and type the first few letters of her name, My Info appears in the address line. The full...
  6. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  7. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

Address book in Mail with 2 accounts: Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in...
  8. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  9. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  10. Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book: I have a very strange issue with the Windows 10 Mail Address Book (People). I made an error in an entry (reversed two numbers). I selected Edit and corrected the entry. Then when I entered the first letter in a new email, BOTH addresses appeared and I had to choose the...