Windows 10: Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?

Discus and support Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Outlook and Mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pjcactus, Sep 1, 2016.

1. pjcactus Win User

Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?

Hi,
    Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Outlook and Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full.
    Any work around?
    Thanks,
    Pete
    ===========

:)

pjcactus, Sep 1, 2016

2. Setting up Gmail on WM6

On the screen where you type in the Incoming and outgoing server settings, you should have a options button. Click on it and click Next. Selct Require SSL and Outgoing Mail requires and Use seperate settings. Click Outgoing settings and select Require
    SSL for Outgoing mail and click OK. Click Next again and select Get full copy of messages. This option will download the entire message. The headers option will download the the top of email only. That is the part that shows the senders name, Date and time,
    and the subject.

Linley Meslier, Sep 1, 2016
  3. C o l i n Win User
    XDA Orbit WM6 Voice Command not working .....

..... the only remaining problem is that announcements of incoming Windows Live Mail (was Hotmail) messages don't work even though other POP3 incoming emails are announced OK.

Anyone have a fix for this issue?

C o l i n, Sep 1, 2016
  4. pjcactus Win User

Anyone got any ideas?
    For further information I have added a couple of pics, the one showing the display on receipt using Windows Live Mail the other using Mail for Windows.
    Pete

pjcactus, Sep 2, 2016
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    I've noticed a similar issue, but only on some messages in HTML format only.

Could it be a bad code error? (I'm not good enough with my HTML skills to troubleshoot them.)

gpstoloff, Sep 2, 2016
  6. pjcactus Win User
    Thank you for your comment.
    Anyone help further?

pjcactus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message? - Similar Threads - Mail showing part

2. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  3. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  4. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  5. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  6. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  7. Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read"

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Mail changing incoming messages to "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  8. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41
  9. Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail for Windows only showing part of incoming email message?: {I did post to the correct section but didn't receive a reply so far} Hi, Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of...
  10. Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email: Using the Windows 10 native mail app with my Outlook.com account any email sent to me goes into a folder with my email address. Nothing ever shows up in the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to change that? 73891