Windows 10: Mail freezes when opened

Discus and support Mail freezes when opened in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It displays the emails, but I can't click on anything at all or change to other accounts. 15367 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Simba, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Simba Win User

Mail freezes when opened

It displays the emails, but I can't click on anything at all or change to other accounts.

:)

Simba, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 mail not working

mail app freezing. cant open mail in 10 just freez up how do I uninstall this

MICHAELG275, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Slow Then Stops Working

I have had similar issues. When I try to open mail from task bar it goes to the blue mail screen the freezes, afterwards it doesn't let you use the search, calculator or mail shortcuts in task bar.

William Cromie, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Jams50 Win User

Mail freezes when opened

I have a similar issue. My Talktalk webmail displays a "Loading" message when I try to open anything in my Inbox and then just freezes. Trying to "compose" gives the same result. This only happened after the upgrade to W10.
    If I use Chrome everything works ok.
    Presumably it is something on my desktop, but what?

Jams50, Aug 10, 2015
  5. WillWord Win User
    A lot of issues on the Mail App seem to be caused by Antivirus programs, for me I stopped Malwarebytes loading on start and Mail app is working with no issues, just using Defender and manual Malwarebytes scans until Microsoft fix it.

WillWord, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Jams50 Win User
    Thank you for taking the trouble to help. I'll try this when I return to the office.

Jams50, Aug 11, 2015
  7. lewiedude Win User
    I have only four programs that open with the startup: video card controller(Catalyst), OneDrive, Send to OneNote Tool and the audio manager(Realtek HD Audio). I did not put any third party antivirus or other program on that blocks the mail client(Mail).

Is there a way to remove/uninstall it and reinstall it? My email is housed with a gmail alias under my own domain name. My MS account is that very same email address - and not outlook or something like that. Is there a conflict?

lewiedude, Aug 11, 2015
  8. lewiedude Win User

Mail freezes when opened

Bump? There must be a way to remove the Mail app or account from outside of Mail. Anyone have any ideas?

What if I do a "Reset" of my system? Doesn't that maintain user files and settings?

lewiedude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail freezes when opened

1. Mail freezes when opened - Similar Threads - Mail freezes opened

2. Laptop freezes when opening Copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes when opening Copilot: Whenever I open Copilot, my laptop suddenly freezes. I cannot move my mouse but can still hear sound from a video. Only after Copilot is loaded about 2 seconds does my laptop become normal. The same thing happens when I close or refresh Copilot. I am using Windows 11 23H2, R5...
  3. Laptop freezes when opening Copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes when opening Copilot: Whenever I open Copilot, my laptop suddenly freezes. I cannot move my mouse but can still hear sound from a video. Only after Copilot is loaded about 2 seconds does my laptop become normal. The same thing happens when I close or refresh Copilot. I am using Windows 11 23H2, R5...
  4. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  5. Mail and calendar crashes when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and calendar crashes when open: After reseting the mail and calendar app it just crashes and auto close when it opens. Event viewer shows the following error:Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21374, time stamp: 0x6400103eFaulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.14326.21374,...
  6. Mail app freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail app freezes: Mail app freezes when I am trying to share something using Spin and Sketch app. I think this issue is a result of a problem with synchronization. To fix the frozen app I have to close it and then open again...
  7. Open Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Mail: How do I open Mail in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-mail/d56dc21a-f773-4e90-8a3e-8923f8f88294
  8. Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails: Hi, I have been using the Mail & Agenda app on my laptop from the beginning but recently it has started to mess up. For example: everytime i want to open a mail to read it, it will just automatically close down the whole app. I can't seem to find anyone else with the...
  9. Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when opening Mail/Calendar: Hi. I updated to Win10 two days ago. It worked perfectly the first night, next day start menu and Cortona were unresponsive. I found a bunch of solutions online for that problem, so I was able to fix it. Now, however, I have a new issue that I cannot find an answer to...
  10. PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app: Having this problem since today. I don't know why it's happening but I think it's related with "Microsoft Outlook Comunications" using a lot of RAM. [img] Sorry for the photo. I couldn't take a printscreen because my system froze after that. Secondary question: My...