Windows 10: Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

Discus and support Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Keeping Up, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre.

Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as unread, and I have tried restarting the PC, but neither made any difference.

:)

Keeping Up, Oct 13, 2016

2. How to make Mail app always show number of unread emails?

Here is an example of a notifier that does show number of unread mail on server even after clicking on the notification...

X-notifier (for Gmail,Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL ...) – Add-ons for Firefox

TomatoSanta, Oct 13, 2016
  3. Mail for Windows 10 notification on taskbar

Hi,

After creators update Mail stopped showing number of unread messages on "Inbox - ..." icon on taskbar panel. I have all checked all options in notifications settings in Mail but there is no specific option for taskbar icon.

Is there a way to enable this notification other than downgrading Windows ?

with best regards,

Martin

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Martin_741, Oct 13, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

Perhaps there's an unread message in junk or deleted items folder, also check all mail folder if there is one.

Bastet, Oct 13, 2016
  5. Good suggestion: I found a couple in the Junk folder but I've deleted them and it's made no difference

Keeping Up, Oct 13, 2016
  6. Oh Wow Bastet, you've sorted it. The instant that the email came in from this Forum, to tell me that you'd posted this, it cured the problem!

Keeping Up, Oct 13, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    Yes, once you've removed the problem email sometimes it has to refresh to clear the number.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

1. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails - Similar Threads - Mail icon shows

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  4. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.: On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it....
  5. MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon

in Browsers and Email
    MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon: I have the Universal MS mail app on my taskbar. In the past when I received mail a badge opened over the icon with the number of emails I received. I also get email notifications on the Action Center icon which works correctly. I have badges turned on in Settings. I used to...
  6. Mail not showing notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing notifications: I am not getting toast or action center notifications for Mail app, although in the Mail app settings, I have notifications enabled. In Windows settings, "notifications & actions", both the mail app and the calendar app are missing from the list. I have not set up the...
  7. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  8. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  9. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...
  10. How to remove Mail app unread notification badge

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Mail app unread notification badge: I just noticed a red circle with "1" in the middle on top of my mail app taskbar icon when I rebooted my PC but I cleared out the inbox and it remains. The notification badge bugs me like beckoning me to do something. I've checked all settings in app and Windows. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

2. how can i clear the mail app on my desktop tray from showing how much i have

3. windows 10 showing there is mail when there is NO mail

4. icloud showing mai items as unread notification but there is no mail,
  5. my inbox shows unread mail even though all are opened,
  6. windows 10 mailbox icon shows an unread message even though all messages have been checked,
  7. messages shows a notification icon when unread messages is sent jequry example,
  8. one mail notification on mail icon but no email,
  9. ms mail app notifying new mails though no new mails,
  10. microsoft mail shows one notification