Windows 10: Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m

Discus and support Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recently upgraded my HP G62-b32sa laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 10. I have set up two Outlook email accounts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Solidcancer07, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my HP G62-b32sa laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 10. I have set up two Outlook email accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app. In emails on both accounts, I receive the following error message in any area where an image should be:

"The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

This is accompanied with a small red cross in the upper left corner (please refer to attached image).

To rectify this I have reset Windows 10, but the problem still persists. I also notice online that this issue has been persistent with Office Outlook 2010, but trying solutions (such as deleting Temp folder) do not help in Windows 10 Mail.

Kindly could you help me solve the problem, as it makes the the email experience in Windows 10 very jarring.

EDIT: I created a new local user account, and set up my email in the Mail app. Surprisingly, the pictures work! So now the question is, why are the pictures not showing up in my user account?

Thanks in advance!
    Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m [​IMG]

:)

Solidcancer07, Jul 30, 2015

2. Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

This seemed to work for me on my desktop where making adjustments to IE and the Outlook Trust Center didn't. I'm also going to assume that other anti-virus programs will overcome any loss of security by disabling SmartScreenFilter. Fingers crossed!

Cat-In-The-Hat, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ASD_738 Win User
    Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

I have this issue and have spent 4+ hours on the phone with micrsoft techs...did complete reinstall reformat disk, etc

There is NO fix for this.

When you upgrade the One Note app to the latest you can select a one note page and share and pick an email recipient and the mail app opens but NO one note image page just the big blank outline of where it is suppoed to be.

Seem it worked with a back level win 8 version and I have it working on a 8.1 HP tablet, but in win 10 its broke.

You can cope a one note page and the open the mail app and paste that works...but the share to email from onenote is BROKE!!

Getting someone at Microsoft to really listen and understand has been VERY frustrating and FUTILE!!

Seems Microsoft surface support has gone DOWNHILL from last year..

Alex

ASD_738, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m

Ok I fixed it. For anyone who also stumbles across this problem, what I had to do was create a new user account and everything starts working *Smile

Solidcancer07, Aug 1, 2015
  5. azeembh Win User
    Please explain what do you mean by creating a new user? Is the new user shall be created in Mail or Windows Account? Thanks

azeembh, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Bugoyyy Win User
    Hi, one possible cause of the issue is the Third Party Anti-Virus installed. We've tried disabling the AV and the issue was fixed.

Bugoyyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m

1. Mail in Windows 10 - "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file m - Similar Threads - Mail linked image

2. Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name: Hi everybody,I am using mail for Windows 10 and faces the problem that I cannot use different display names for different gmail accounts. When adding first account, program asked me what display name I want. When adding another account - I did not get same question. 1st...
  3. Cannot Link iCloud mail account to Linked Inboxes in Windows Mail

Cannot Link iCloud mail account to Linked Inboxes in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly unlinked/relinked all of my mail accounts in Windows Mail and my iCloud account will not link. I have also repeatedly deleted the iCloud account with no success once I add it back. I only started encountering this problem when my iCloud account started...
  4. Cannot print mails with images from Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot print mails with images from Windows 10 Mail: Since several weeks I cannot print mails from Windows 10 Mail that include images. It will work in all other apps and in text only emails. If it fails, one can see an error from PrintService in the Event Viewer complaining about a spooler related error Event Id 372. More...
  5. "The linked image cannot be dispayed" error message for image previews in Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The linked image cannot be dispayed" error message for image previews in Mail App: [ATTACH] Reddit Email Messages: NO Post Preview Images appear in Microsoft Outlook ? Reddit Email Messages I receive on my Apple iPad all include a Preview Image for each featured post. When I receive that same email message on my Windows 10 desktop PC using mail app,...
  6. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  7. M S Mail (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M S Mail (Windows 10): Hi Guys, How to I an e-mail with multiple bc's? (blind copies) Lawrie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m-s-mail-windows-10/8ef4c126-ff22-423e-9f3f-e0cd8a639210
  8. is there a program included in windows 10 to display an image file

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a program included in windows 10 to display an image file: I downloaded a .img file. What program do I need to display the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-program-included-in-windows-10-to/6ba4d620-32fc-4bcb-aa35-238437fb3255
  9. The linked image cannot be displayed - red x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The linked image cannot be displayed - red x: It was suggested by the Outlook team that I address this concern with this group. There are already updates from our Internal Support about your concern. They’ve suggested that you try resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings to see if the images will load...
  10. the link image are not displayed in outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    the link image are not displayed in outlook 2013: Hello, in outlook 2013 the linked images in a message are not displayed it shows instead x and the text. is anything i can do to fix this error 103019

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tHE LINKED IMAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

2. the linked image cannot be displayed win10

3. the linked image cannot be displayed yahoo mail

4. the linked image cannot be displayed 2013 window 10,
  5. linked image cannot be displayed,
  6. the link imagecannot displayed in mail,
  7. Picture cannot be displayed windows 10 mail,
  8. windows 10 email linked image cannot be displayed,
  9. linked image cannot be displayed windows 10 mail app,
  10. the linked image cannot be displayed winsows 10 mail app,
  11. the linked image cannot be displayed windows 10,